Applying Late.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmerted

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my PharmCAS on January 1st, but since PharmCAS lost one of my transcripts, didn't receive everything until January 20th. From there, it will likely take up to 5 weeks.

I just finished all of my supplemental apps and letters of recommendation yesterday. (February 1st)

Are my chances for getting in this year completely shot? Are most pharmacy classes already full? Did most people out there apply in the fall? Basically, am I screwed?

Did anyone else last year apply in January or February and get into a lot of schools? Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

pharmerted said:
I submitted my PharmCAS on January 1st, but since PharmCAS lost one of my transcripts, didn't receive everything until January 20th. From there, it will likely take up to 5 weeks.

I just finished all of my supplemental apps and letters of recommendation yesterday. (February 1st)

Are my chances for getting in this year completely shot? Are most pharmacy classes already full? Did most people out there apply in the fall? Basically, am I screwed?

Did anyone else last year apply in January or February and get into a lot of schools? Thanks!!

It's not impossible to still get interviews. While some schools may be half full or almost completely full, there are many schools who continue to interview well into April and May. Also, if you are interviewed and put on a waiting list, you could basically get accepted at anytime until school begins due to people withdrawing acceptance for whatever reason. You are at a disadvantage, though, if the schools to which you applied have rolling admissions. Is there a reason why you waited until now to apply?

well no. i submitted my PharmCAS January 1st and i thought that they would be fairly quick about it (2-3 weeks).

I didn't end up turning in my 2nd letter of rec until around January 25th though.

I'm just wondering if people who applied late last year were able to receive acceptances. I also know that a lot of people applied early but didn't take the PCAT until the January 20th date, so i assume that they would be in a similar position.

I was just wondering if other people had also applied in January/February and still had a good shot.

Members don't see this ad :)
pharmerted said:
well no. i submitted my PharmCAS January 1st and i thought that they would be fairly quick about it (2-3 weeks).

I didn't end up turning in my 2nd letter of rec until around January 25th though.

I'm just wondering if people who applied late last year were able to receive acceptances. I also know that a lot of people applied early but didn't take the PCAT until the January 20th date, so i assume that they would be in a similar position.

I was just wondering if other people had also applied in January/February and still had a good shot.
I just wouldn't apply to any schools with rolling admissions because they tend to start getting applications (majority of them) in sept/oct

i intereviewed a few years ago at a school in jan and they told me they had filled over half of their class at this time...

i know things are done differently now and their schedule has probably changed but schools like that accept some people after every single interview date and waitlist others and deny still others

good luck. most people who took the PCAT in jan already had their apps in the schools were just waiting on PCAT scores.

i think i've read that pharmcas opens up in june or july so really that's when a lot of people start their application process (my guess)

pharmerted said:

why you apply so late you should have applied early :confused:

tangellow said:
why you apply so late you should have applied early :confused:

Sometimes it just happens that way.