Mzungu
15+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2001
NY
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
Hello,
I decided very last minute that I wanted to apply to school's this year. I was going to wait an extra year but changed my mind. I have a 26 mcat and a 3.5 gpa, and a bunch of volunteer work. I hope its not too late. These are the schools that are still taking applications that I was going to apply too...

Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Bradenton
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Main Campus
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Atlanta Campus
Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Mare Island
Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Nevada
Western University of Health Sciences / College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific

Do I have any chance? And I was wondering, why do these school's allow for such late applications, is there any paticular reason? Thanks, lata

vegangirl

DOctor begins with DO
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2003
Milky Way Galaxy
Visit site
Status
Hey Dr. Geoff,

I have similar stats to you and also just applied DO. I filled out some of the secondaries but im worried about spaces being open :( :luck: to us.

Khenon

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2004
Rochester, MN
Status
I guess I don't know what your chances are at this point, but what made me apply (late) was that several people have posted on mdapplicants that they applied right before deadlines to DO schools and received acceptances. I assume if the deadlines are placed where they are, they must have a reason for it. I'm sure some schools fill up before their deadlines, but if you apply to enough schools I'm sure you have a shot at a couple of them. Good luck!

Spike3517

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2005
Status
Dr. Geoff said:
Hello,
I decided very last minute that I wanted to apply to school's this year. I was going to wait an extra year but changed my mind. I have a 26 mcat and a 3.5 gpa, and a bunch of volunteer work. I hope its not too late. These are the schools that are still taking applications that I was going to apply too...

Western University of Health Sciences / College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific

Do I have any chance? And I was wondering, why do these school's allow for such late applications, is there any paticular reason? Thanks, lata
don't be too discouraged..i applied late too (everything was turned in by the second week in feb) and i ended up getting into PCOM-GA..so there's still hope i promise...good luck!!

antt

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2005
Status
i think you're fine on stats....it's just whether the classes are filled yet. i got into touro with the same stats...a lower mcat even (don't laugh at me).

keep truckin...good luck!

OSUdoc08

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2003
Status
Medical Student
Dr. Geoff said:
Hello,

Good luck, but I wouldn't get your hopes up too high. Your chances are VERY small at this point. Keep your plans for the next year in place, in case you don't hear back. I don't know of any school that interviews past this month, and they typically notify you 2 weeks in advance before an interview, which looks like you are pretty much out of time.

lktm831

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2005
Status
i applied 'on time' and my secondaries were in an completed october/november however my DO letter came later and my files were just complete about 2 weeks ago.

w/in the last 1.5 weeks i received invites to interview @ LECOM-Main Campus, TUCOM-LV & TUCOM-MI.

my chances of a seat are slim but getting an interview is an opportunity; if i'm lucky enough i'll get to atleast be waitlisted. so i personally don't think its all that late.

OSUdoc08

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2003
Status
Medical Student
newyorkcougar said:
I know a guy who was accepted to DMU just a few weeks before school started. As long as they are willing to take your application you have a chance. You never know what is going to happen. Good luck!
Application date and acceptance date are independent of each other. The person that was accepted right before school started may not have applied late.