Applying Late

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MeHungryRx

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to the forums... and I was planning to apply to Touro this year and give it a shot, since they've not gone with Pharmcas yet. But my problem is this: I just finished summer school after taking 3 classes the first session and 4 the second session on a quarter system @ a UC, with some core science classes.. which I got a 3.29 and 3.39, respectively, but which only boosts my CUM to a 2.89. :(

So with taking so many classes I just began my PS. But I feel discouraged because I know that with every passing day, my chances are dropping in gaining an interview. I would like to know should I just stop and drop what I'm doing and apply next year with basically all my pre req done? Or do I just busta hail mary and give it a shot??!? (Keep in mind...i start school next week)

PS. is Touro's deadline DEC 31 or NOV 1, like the rest of CA schools?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Dear MeHungryRx,
I would apply this cycle if you are really interested however I'd look into re-taking some of your class to boost your cumulative GPA.

Touro's deadline is Dec. 21.

I think you should apply cus you'd never know! =) But use this year to retake some of your classes- some schools take the most recent grade (so if u get an A in a class you retook, then they only count the A in your pre-req gpa). I haven't worked on my Touro apps, so no worries. Good luck!

cheesygal said:
Touro's deadline is Dec. 21.

I think you should apply cus you'd never know! =) But use this year to retake some of your classes- some schools take the most recent grade (so if u get an A in a class you retook, then they only count the A in your pre-req gpa). I haven't worked on my Touro apps, so no worries. Good luck!

Hey Cheesygal,

That gives me some hope, but how sure are you of the deadline, because I checked their website and it says Dec. 31, but I am thinking that's refering to the last day which they will then switch to Pharmcas? I realize that all CA pharm schools have a Nov 1 deadline.

And yea, I'm planning to retake some pre req classes this quarter.

Thanks again.