1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Applying Late

Discussion in 'Pre-Optometry' started by od2016, Aug 12, 2011.

1. od2016

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    Re-taking some pre-reqs to get my science GPA up, but the semester won't end until mid-December. Planning to take the OATs a little earlier or around that time. Can those who applied late let me know how the process went for them?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. norsha

Pre-Optometry
    It's not a problem at all. I didn't take the OAT until the end of Feb and still received plenty interview invites. Don't forget - you can submit your app before completing the prereqs and OAT.

4. Roffles

Roffles OSU Class of 2015
    2+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    I took the OAT in September and ended up applying in December. Honestly my experience was fairly typical. My interview was in March and it went pretty well. I wouldn't worry about applying late. The final outcome really shouldn't change unless you're truly a borderline student. In that case, just reapply early the following year!

5. Optoed

5+ Year Member

I'm in a similar situation. I probably won't be able to apply until Oct/Nov. From what I gathered by reading on here, to submit in Oct:
    - get your reference letters together (at least 2-3 weeks)
    - get transcript to OptomCAS (1-2 weeks)
    - personal statement..I'm a slow writer, this will take a while..

I hope November isn't too late for SCCO or Nova.. I'm okay with January interview dates.

If anyone else has experience applying late to these schools, pls lemme know =) thanks!!

p.s. I see Clearly Contacts everywhere b/c of smart ad..probably one of the most frustrating thing to see for an optometrist

6. pieman396

Pre-Optometry
    I applied to Nova in late Feb, got an interview April 1, got accepted april 15, so dont worry about the time thing