Applying online

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cju101

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I

Members don't see this ad.

i filled out one of their "online" resumes -- and then personally went in and handed my resume to the pharmacy manager ... i was offered a position soon afterwards, but the drug test/background search was taking them too long, so i wound up finding a different tech job in the meantime ...

At Walgreens they only accept the "online" application. You can fill it out at home or at the instore computer. They don't do paper. I work at Albertsons now and they are also the same...online only.

I've been trying to get a job in a pharmacy for awhile now, to get some experience for pharmacy school. What does everyone thing about filling out an application for like CVS or Walgreens online? Does it "look better" is you fill one out and hand it in, in person?

CVS will only officially use the online version as well. They are faxed directly to the stores you designate. However, I do think that it helps your chances considerably if you take the time to go in and talk to the pharmacy manager at those stores. If you have a nice resume, give them a copy of that and just let them put a name and face with the paper apps. Of course, it goes without saying that you need to act, dress, etc. just like you were interviewing if you go in to the store in person. Oh, and sending your boyfriend in to check on your app and see if we got the fax yet (yes, that really happened at my store) isn't a good idea.:thumbdown: