Applying the second time around

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

basil411

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I've heard that if you get rejected the first time, it's easier getting in the second time. Is this true"?? If you got in the second time, let us know what you did differently.

Have you applied more than 2 times?? if so how many and did u get in?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

basil411 said:
Hi,
I've heard that if you get rejected the first time, it's easier getting in the second time. Is this true"?? If you got in the second time, let us know what you did differently.

Have you applied more than 2 times?? if so how many and did u get in?

thanks!
I know someone who was rejected the first time and accepted the 2nd at Mercer. I don't know the specifics of his grades, etc. but I know that he applied much earlier in the application cycle the 2nd time. Mercer uses rolling admissions and they are very up front on their web site that they become more competitive the later your materials are completed.

rxlynn's friend must be my twin. I was rejected first time at Mercer, accepted the 2nd time without any major improvement of gpa or pcat. The main difference was the time i applied. First time i applied in late january. This year I had applied, interviewed and been accepted before thanksgiving.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here... I applied for the 2nd time this year. I didn't interview anywhere last year and this year I interviewed at 3 schools and was accepted to all three by early December (including my first choice).
My GPA was only slightly higher, no change in PCAT prior to acceptance but I applied early and I think I really improved my personal statement. Good luck!

This was my second time around also. I definitely encourage you to apply early. I really think that was what helped. I interviewed at USC for their last session in March and didn't get in. I applied again, interviewed at USC for their first session in November and got in. Nothing changed in my application, other than my statement. So, apply early!!!

Yep-I got accepted the second time around with the only difference being the timing. I didn't even change my personal statement-I applied early decision, and submitted it in July. No different ECs, no new personal statement, nothing. APPLY EARLY!