1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Applying the second time around

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by basil411, Dec 15, 2005.

1. basil411

basil411 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hi,
    I've heard that if you get rejected the first time, it's easier getting in the second time. Is this true"?? If you got in the second time, let us know what you did differently.

Have you applied more than 2 times?? if so how many and did u get in?

thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rxlynn

rxlynn Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I know someone who was rejected the first time and accepted the 2nd at Mercer. I don't know the specifics of his grades, etc. but I know that he applied much earlier in the application cycle the 2nd time. Mercer uses rolling admissions and they are very up front on their web site that they become more competitive the later your materials are completed.

4. Shovingit

Shovingit well, well, well
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    rxlynn's friend must be my twin. I was rejected first time at Mercer, accepted the 2nd time without any major improvement of gpa or pcat. The main difference was the time i applied. First time i applied in late january. This year I had applied, interviewed and been accepted before thanksgiving.

5. ndearwater

ndearwater SDN Donor
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Same here... I applied for the 2nd time this year. I didn't interview anywhere last year and this year I interviewed at 3 schools and was accepted to all three by early December (including my first choice).
    My GPA was only slightly higher, no change in PCAT prior to acceptance but I applied early and I think I really improved my personal statement. Good luck!

6. oinky628

oinky628 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

This was my second time around also. I definitely encourage you to apply early. I really think that was what helped. I interviewed at USC for their last session in March and didn't get in. I applied again, interviewed at USC for their first session in November and got in. Nothing changed in my application, other than my statement. So, apply early!!!

7. adventurer

adventurer Member
    5+ Year Member

Yep-I got accepted the second time around with the only difference being the timing. I didn't even change my personal statement-I applied early decision, and submitted it in July. No different ECs, no new personal statement, nothing. APPLY EARLY!