MD & DO Applying this cycle!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Prairiepalmeri

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I already submitted both AMCAS and AACOMAS (nearly two weeks ago!) and am waiting to be verified. I got my MCAT score back today and I scored a 502.

Chem: 123
CARS: 128
Bio: 127
Psych: 124

I have a 3.85 GPA (similar cGPA and sGPA's). I did a summer research program and worked in a clinical research lab. I have clinical volunteering experience, shadowing of nephrologists in different clinical settings, former RA, and interned at Walt Disney World! If anyone could give me a solid school list I'd appreciate it. I'd like a semi-urban to really urban environment and am an Iowa resident. I don't really have preference towards DO or MD.

I submitted primaries to both University of Iowa and NOVA.

Thanks everybody!!!!

PS: I would love a certain @Goro opinion

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Have you made your own list, yet?

My "Pre-MCAT" list was:

Iowa
Rush
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Hofstra
Either Georgetown or George Washington University (I love DC)
Tufts
BU
Miami

DMU
PCOM
NOVA
TUNCOM
CCOM
WESTERN
KCUMB

And yes I know a lot of the MD schools could be forgone now...

Members don't see this ad :)
Your state school is worth a try if you are determined to apply MD this cycle.
Focus on your DO list, though.

That's my thinking. Any DO schools I should add? And what's a super small list of MD I could shoot at?

Unfortunately, no. I only know some Spanish.

I'd like to keep maybe Rush and Rosy on the MD list.

Last edited:
So I'll do 10 DO and maybe 4 MD? Should I consider adding any more. Do I have a decent shot?

You're circling the drain for MD schools. Stick with your state schools and apply broadly to DO programs.

Hi all!

I already submitted both AMCAS and AACOMAS (nearly two weeks ago!) and am waiting to be verified. I got my MCAT score back today and I scored a 502.

Chem: 123
CARS: 128
Bio: 127
Psych: 124

I have a 3.85 GPA (similar cGPA and sGPA's). I did a summer research program and worked in a clinical research lab. I have clinical volunteering experience, shadowing of nephrologists in different clinical settings, former RA, and interned at Walt Disney World! If anyone could give me a solid school list I'd appreciate it. I'd like a semi-urban to really urban environment and am an Iowa resident. I don't really have preference towards DO or MD.

I submitted primaries to both University of Iowa and NOVA.

Thanks everybody!!!!

PS: I would love a certain @Goro opinion

For MD, in addition to Iowa (assuming that is your state school) you could apply to:
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Quinnipiac
You main focus should be the DO schools .

Awesome! I'd like to throw my name into the MD hat but think I could be a strong DO applicant. I haven't taken psychology or sociology, will schools auto-screen me for that?

What about New York Medical College? Also, any opinions on TUNCOM?