Feb 8, 2012
Status
Hi all: I plan to take the OAT this July. If I don't do well, I can't take it until October, will that be considered late? I have a 2.9 sci, 3.1 overall! Please help!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app

Since your GPA is a bit on the low end, really study for the July OAT. Take as many practice exams as you can, that way you can have the best idea of what score to expect. Then apply early and you should have a good chance of getting into schools.

Feb 15, 2012
Chicago
Status
Optometry Student
Yea just do well on the OAT and if you have any optometric experience that would help out. I applied in January with a 2.92 overall and 2.6 science but I got a 350AA/330TS. you will have to expect to explain your grades in detail for your interview though. i got absolutely grilled at ICO but I kept cool thru it all and ill be heading there next year! good luck!

OP
L
Feb 8, 2012
Status
I purchased a kaplan book with two prac tests. Where should I purchase the other prac tests? Also I'm using examkrackers!

I purchased a kaplan book with two prac tests. Where should I purchase the other prac tests? Also I'm using examkrackers!

I took the online kaplan class, which is expensive but VERY helpful. If you can get your hands on a used set of materials (people on here seem to be selling copies)...it's worth the $200 or so. Also try ebay if you can't find them on here. I went from a 280 diagnostic score and got 340/340 on test day and I'm going to my dream school :love:

thecgrblue

Enjoyin' the journey
7+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2009
Status
Hi all: I plan to take the OAT this July. If I don't do well, I can't take it until October, will that be considered late? I have a 2.9 sci, 3.1 overall! Please help!

If you have any decent amount of social conscience over a 300 and you'll get in somewhere. May not be your dream, but someone will be willing to take your tuition $.

OP
L
Feb 8, 2012
Status
Has anyone used mcat material before? I do have the Kaplan mcat books from my friend ( they seem to be similar to the OAT ones)

thecgrblue

Enjoyin' the journey
7+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2009
Status
Has anyone used mcat material before? I do have the Kaplan mcat books from my friend ( they seem to be similar to the OAT ones)

I used Chad's videos. Google it. They were awesome.

May 1, 2011
Status
Pre-Optometry
Yea just do well on the OAT and if you have any optometric experience that would help out. I applied in January with a 2.92 overall and 2.6 science but I got a 350AA/330TS. you will have to expect to explain your grades in detail for your interview though. i got absolutely grilled at ICO but I kept cool thru it all and ill be heading there next year! good luck!
why did you tell them about your gpa?

Daylooo

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2009
Status
Optometry Student
^Open interview, they have all your info.