Applying this summer...advice!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxrina

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How will sending in both the PharmCas and supplemental applications in mid-late October affect an applicant's chances of gaining an interview??
Is it really true if you apply early your chances are way better?

Members don't see this ad.

How will sending in both the PharmCas and supplemental applications in mid-late October affect an applicant's chances of gaining an interview??

The "applying early" advantage applies to rolling admissions schools who begin to review applications during the summer (pretty much after PharmCAS opens or shortly after). People are interviewed throughout the cycle whereas other schools have set deadlines for all applications to be in. Even though some schools have a set deadline, they might begin interviewing just before it/close to that deadline. So, overall, the answer is yes- it helps to apply early. For one thing, it will save you all the undue stress of trying to get your LORs, transcripts, etc sent in at the very last minute. Additionally, remember that some schools have really early application deadlines.

Answer is Yes......Most of the schools offer Rolling Admissions on first come first serve basis......and some other reputed schools which don't technically follow rolling admissions pattern still have what is known as Early Decision......Its if u r a competitive student in that pool they will accept you early and if not satisfied they will put ur application on hold for another review during regular admissions period. So if u think u already have completed majority of ur pre reqs with good grades and have considerable experience in community service and as a PharmTech.......Apply Early:thumbup::thumbup:

Apply early!!!!....the earlier the better...even though I applied in the beginning of October I was invited to all the schools I applied to but I would still say apply early...knowing where your going before the fall is a good feeling!!!

What are your stats?