Applying this upcoming cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tlqnflqpd

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been reading posts on this forum for awhile and decided to make my own and ask you guys a question.

I plan on applying this upcoming cycle just DO schools and maybe Caribbean.

I'm retaking courses right now and I am thinking I'll probably end up around 3.0-3.1 for both sGPA and cGPA. Asian (if this changes anything)

I have 508 on the MCAT.

I've done over 500 hours in hospital volunteering,

2 years non clinical volunteering (helping foreign exchanged students, making sandwich for homeless people)

300 hours in hospital volunteer program leadership position

one year school organization officer

2 years research with one publication

Shadowing a DO for a year

4 LOR ( 2 science, 1 non science, 1 DO)

Lets say, can I submit my applications around the end of July? Would that be too late?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

The DO cycle is longer than MD and end of Jul is more than fine. End of October is fine.

Don't even think about Carib diploma mills unless you really like the idea of being unemployed and deeply in debt. Their business model is based upon the naive and desperate applicants like you. Do a search in these forums.

Lets say, can I submit my applications around the end of July? Would that be too late?

Thank you![/QUOTE]

Reactions: 1 user
Why don't you just submit at the beginning of the cycle in May/June? You have your MCAT score already...

Members don't see this ad :)
Why would you consider the carribean if you have a 3.0 and a 508?

The DO cycle is longer than MD and end of Jul is more than fine. End of October is fine.

Don't even think about Carib diploma mills unless you really like the idea of being unemployed and deeply in debt. Their business model is based upon the naive and desperate applicants like you. Do a search in these forums.

Thank you!
[/QUOTE]

Thank you Goro!

Why don't you just submit at the beginning of the cycle in May/June? You have your MCAT score already...

Because I want to include this course I'm currently taking into my GPA, which ends on mid June and maybe summer course that ends on end of July.

Your GPA is a bit low and your MCAT score is decent. So, as far as the numbers go I think you are alright for the most part, but it still may be hard due to the low GPA. However, your application is significantly strong elsewhere! Good Luck! :)

I'm assuming your GPA right now is less than 3.0, so you have little choice but to wait. Just be aware that transcripts, course verification, us mail, etc all take time. So it will likely take a month plus before your application is approved and sent to schools. Don't jump the gun and send your transcript before the final courses are on it, some schools can take 2wks, so stay on top of things. Also be very careful when entering your transcript on aacomas as a mistake can set you back a couple of weeks.

Aug and Sept are on time for DO and early is better, but you don't want to apply early with less than a 3.0 as many schools would automatically reject you.

Best of luck

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk