Applying through MODS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted743871

I'm an Army HPSP MS3. I am wondering how we submit residency applications through MODS, since most of us don't have access to the MODS website? Also, is there a list of application materials that we will need to submit?

Members don't see this ad.

This process is very complicated.

If you have a cac card reader, you can complete the process online. WIth the Navy, you can complete the PDF and submit it. I am sure the Army allows that too?

A lot of my peers completed the MODS application during their military aways.

This is from the Navy point of view, but I am sure the information/dates for the Army will be about the same Professional Development - Graduate Medical Education Overview

Best of luck my friend.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks so much, Tabiyou. The website you linked is helpful. Appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad :)
My pleasure, feel free to PM as it gets near.

I found this file that might of use to you. It is the Army GME HPSP 2020 results.

Attachments

• HPSP Medical Education Update March 2020.pdf
    639.5 KB · Views: 203
Current MS4/incoming army intern. This past cycle, we just emailed in our applications since nobody had access to MODS.

Reactions: 1 users
Current MS4/incoming army intern. This past cycle, we just emailed in our applications since nobody had access to MODS.

Do you happen to have a blank copy of the application for Army residencies? It would be helpful to see what exactly the application entails.

That would probably be helpful...Here is the MODS application.

Attachments

• 2019 GME Application data form.pdf
    303.3 KB · Views: 127
Reactions: 1 users
Do you happen to have a blank copy of the application for Army residencies? It would be helpful to see what exactly the application entails.

It's just your personal statement, a form you sign, and your rank list. Lol. And you have your LOR writers and Dean's letter mailed to them as well.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 9.11.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 9.11.37 PM.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 88
It's just your personal statement, a form you sign, and your rank list. Lol. And you have your LOR writers and Dean's letter mailed to them as well.

Alrighty. Then for board scores, do we just email a copy of our Step 1/2 score report (the one that you can download from the NBME website)? And how many LORs do we send for Army (I've heard everything from 2 to 5)?

Thanks so much

Alrighty. Then for board scores, do we just email a copy of our Step 1/2 score report (the one that you can download from the NBME website)? And how many LORs do we send for Army (I've heard everything from 2 to 5)?

Thanks so much

Yeah, your advisor normally asks for your board score reports so they already have them uploaded. I'm guessing they already have your Step 1/Level 1 scores if you are a rising 4th year. But yes, email is how that is done, as well. As for LORs, I think there was a maximum of 3 or 4.

I found a few of the documents they emailed out last year. Around June, Patricia Norman sends out an email with the Letter of Information (LOI) with all the general instructions for applying. It might say to use MODS, but that's just the army not updating documents, per usual.

Attachments

• Preference Priority Form 26 Jun 2019.xlsx
    11.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 2019 PGY1 Fact Sheet_Final.pdf
    73.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 2019 PGY1 LOI_Final.pdf
    116.3 KB · Views: 111
  • PGY1 Instructions for SY2020 graduates.pdf
    21.2 KB · Views: 123
Yeah, your advisor normally asks for your board score reports so they already have them uploaded. I'm guessing they already have your Step 1/Level 1 scores if you are a rising 4th year. But yes, email is how that is done, as well. As for LORs, I think there was a maximum of 3 or 4.

I found a few of the documents they emailed out last year. Around June, Patricia Norman sends out an email with the Letter of Information (LOI) with all the general instructions for applying. It might say to use MODS, but that's just the army not updating documents, per usual.

Wow wow wow. Thank you! I am forever grateful. This is so helpful and really helps calm my nerves to have a better understanding of the application process. I really appreciate you taking the time to upload these documents <3