Applying to 2 specialties in the same hospital system?

Started by retro
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

retro

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all, I hope everyone is coping well with the ERAS stress. As I was looking up different programs to apply to, I became curious if it is safe to apply to different specialties in programs under the same umbrella organization. For instance, places like LIJ, Icahn Mount Sinai, Albert Einstein/Jacobi have multiple branch hospitals at different locations. If I was to apply to an EM program at LIJ North Shore, can I safely apply to an IM program at LIJ Forest Hills? I would never consider applying for both specialties at the same program, but I'm wondering if it is okay when both programs are under the same system (LIJ, Mount Sinai, etc) but two distinct programs in FREIDA. Thank you in advance!