Applying to a POst Bac that will take me?

Started by JRMDR
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JRMDR

Member
7+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,
Im a student at UT and I am looking to get into a Post Bac program and then apply to Dental School with an adequite GPA. I was wondering if there is a program out there that will accept a student who hasnt taken the DAT and has about a 2.6 or 2.7 cum GPA. Any suggestions would help.
Thanks
Pre Dent Hopeful
 
JRMDR said:
Hey guys,
Im a student at UT and I am looking to get into a Post Bac program and then apply to Dental School with an adequite GPA. I was wondering if there is a program out there that will accept a student who hasnt taken the DAT and has about a 2.6 or 2.7 cum GPA. Any suggestions would help.
Thanks
Pre Dent Hopeful

Hi there,
I applied to Barry University and was accepted with a low GPA (by amcas calculations 2.55) However I had a 3.7 gpa for the last three semesters as I retook some undergraduate classes to get ready to apply to med school . I had graduated back in 1998 so I needed to retake classes for the grades and to get recs. I had a 28Q mcat score from last August. I can't really offer any opinnion on the school, since I haven't visited it yet, but I just wanted to let you know that there are some programs that will take with less than spectacular GPA's.
Good luck!
Marcia
 
marciah said:
Hi there,
I applied to Barry University and was accepted with a low GPA (by amcas calculations 2.55) However I had a 3.7 gpa for the last three semesters as I retook some undergraduate classes to get ready to apply to med school . I had graduated back in 1998 so I needed to retake classes for the grades and to get recs. I had a 28Q mcat score from last August. I can't really offer any opinnion on the school, since I haven't visited it yet, but I just wanted to let you know that there are some programs that will take with less than spectacular GPA's.
Good luck!
Marcia

Hey, thanks for your input, ill see whats out there and give it a shot!
Thanks again,
Raj