Applying to AADSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DATslim

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can i apply to aadsas now?

i am currently a junior in college and im planning to my DATs in about a month or so for the 2006 cycle. I still have to get DAT scores (obviously), official transcript (semester ends in may so i will send it then), write a personal statement, and one or two more LOR. When is a good time to apply before the rush???

Members don't see this ad.

DATslim said:

i am currently a junior in college and im planning to my DATs in about a month or so for the 2006 cycle. I still have to get DAT scores (obviously), official transcript (semester ends in may so i will send it then), write a personal statement, and one or two more LOR. When is a good time to apply before the rush???

No, you cannot apply now for the 2006 cycle as the online application will not be available until mid-May. However, you can get the ball rolling by starting to write the personal statement, hooking up with professors to write your LORs and volunteer at a dental office if you have not done so as it is good to have some experience. Then after when the online application is available, you will have all the necessary info ready so you can be able to fill in the application fairly quickly and submit it when they begin accepting application to be processed (around June).

DATslim said:

Mid may when the application becomes available.

To add to Musketeer's post, you can also submit your AADSAS application even if you have not got your grades for your current quarter/semester. On the AADSAS application you can list your classes that are still "in progress" and "future" classes to be taken. So don't let not having your current grades stop you from submitting your application. Once your application is submitted you can send updated transcripts to your schools through AADSAS or directly to the schools.

The same goes for your DAT scores. You can submit your application before you take your DAT and then once you've taken the DAT the scores will be forwarded to the schools you have chosen. On the application there is a spot where you can indicate the date you plan on taking the DAT so that the schools will know what your plan is.

If beating the rush is a concern of yours then the earlier you submit your application, the earlier the schools will recieve your application. So get your application submitted as close to the available date as possible.

Best of luck!