Applying to Albany again.........

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

risktaker

its worth the risk
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi folks.....
I really need a strong feedback from you guys this time.......
I am a Canadian student just finished my first year.....had a good GPA but I took some preety heavy courses over the summer and cos of medical conditions my GPA dropped to 3.0. I am going to apply to Albany for the Pharm D. accelerated program just in few days. Seeing few of the earlier posts on Albany, I didnt get a positive feedback.
I am from University of Toronto, and as its a bit tougher than other univ in toronto.....gettin a cooool GPA is more daunting compared to other univ. When I apply to Albany, will the admission committee take this into consideration. IF not, then do u think tranferring to a diff univ and regaining the good GPA and aplying again would have a negative point when i apply again?
All the people in the forum provide me with some good suggestions......so that i now whether I should i try for Albany or not? ANd if not Albany is there any other school where i can apply for early decision?
Pharmacy students from Albany please shine some light here............

WAiting eagerly for all ur replies......... :idea:

Members don't see this ad.

risktaker said:
Hi folks.....
I really need a strong feedback from you guys this time.......
I am a Canadian student just finished my first year.....had a good GPA but I took some preety heavy courses over the summer and cos of medical conditions my GPA dropped to 3.0. I am going to apply to Albany for the Pharm D. accelerated program just in few days. Seeing few of the earlier posts on Albany, I didnt get a positive feedback.
I am from University of Toronto, and as its a bit tougher than other univ in toronto.....gettin a cooool GPA is more daunting compared to other univ. When I apply to Albany, will the admission committee take this into consideration. IF not, then do u think tranferring to a diff univ and regaining the good GPA and aplying again would have a negative point when i apply again?
All the people in the forum provide me with some good suggestions......so that i now whether I should i try for Albany or not? ANd if not Albany is there any other school where i can apply for early decision?
Pharmacy students from Albany please shine some light here............

WAiting eagerly for all ur replies......... :idea:

does anyyoneeeee have time to gimme som efeedback !!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, with a GPA 3.0, I think you have absolutely no chance. Why not apply to other early decision schools that concentrates more on PCAT, interview, experiences, etc... Did you take the PCAT. If not, register for the October test. Schools that partipates in early decision is as follow:

• Albany College of Pharmacy of Union University
• Auburn University
• Howard University
• Kentucky, University of
• Maryland, University of
• Minnesota, University of
• New Mexico, University of
• Oregon State University
• Palm Beach Atlantic University
• South University
• Touro University
• Virginia Commonwealth University

If you want to know which schools concentrates more on what, perhaps you can use aacp.org or pharmcas.org. Both are very useful tools

cy19861126 said:
Honestly, with a GPA 3.0, I think you have absolutely no chance. Why not apply to other early decision schools that concentrates more on PCAT, interview, experiences, etc... Did you take the PCAT. If not, register for the October test. Schools that partipates in early decision is as follow:

• Albany College of Pharmacy of Union University
• Auburn University
• Howard University
• Kentucky, University of
• Maryland, University of
• Minnesota, University of
• New Mexico, University of
• Oregon State University
• Palm Beach Atlantic University
• South University
• Touro University
• Virginia Commonwealth University

If you want to know which schools concentrates more on what, perhaps you can use aacp.org or pharmcas.org. Both are very useful tools

So which according to you concentrate more on other stuffs than just the GPA.....I am giving PCAT this Oct and I also have strong co-curriculars