Applying to fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

obgyny

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. How crucial is it to apply early after ERAS opens? I remember this was heavily emphasized in residency.
2. Will my chances of getting interviews drastically change if i take a couple months to submit? How late is too late?

Currently a PGY-3. I want to apply for MFM fellowship, but I didn’t realize the timeline had changed, and how early ERAS can be submitted.

ERAS submission is available starting Dec 1, lasting until May 31! Interviews are somewhere around June to Aug.

I wasn’t prepared to apply for another few months!!! Is it too late for me?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

1. How crucial is it to apply early after ERAS opens? I remember this was heavily emphasized in residency.
2. Will my chances of getting interviews drastically change if i take a couple months to submit? How late is too late?

Currently a PGY-3. I want to apply for MFM fellowship, but I didn’t realize the timeline had changed, and how early ERAS can be submitted.

ERAS submission is available starting Dec 1, lasting until May 31! Interviews are somewhere around June to Aug.

I wasn’t prepared to apply for another few months!!! Is it too late for me?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Typically the earlier the better. Programs will review applications at their own pace so it could be this month or in a month or two.

For me at least, it was not uncommon for programs to give out interview slots in a first come basis. They offer invitations to more applicants than interview slots. If you didn't respond quick enough and they filled their slots, you were SOL even though you were technically invited to interview.