Applying to Heme/Onc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

path2im2018

Reaction score
I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong thread.

I’m a PGY-1 pathology resident at Johns Hopkins. I went to med school with the original goal of becoming a pathologist, but I loved IM. My heme/onc rotations made me regret applying path.

I’m reapplying to ERAS and wondering what do I need to know about planning for a specialty in heme/onc?

Members don't see this ad.

I am a trained pathology resident who is now doing IM residency and have applied for Hemeonc fellowship. It is a long journey but if you ask me it is very rewarding in terms of knowledge and foundation I gained as a pathology resident. I would stress to finish atleast the AP part of Pathology/and go for IM/Hemonc and if that is too long for you then use your current time in pathology to get some research and publications under your belt (easy to publish in pathology) before entering IM.

I am a trained pathology resident who is now doing IM residency and have applied for Hemeonc fellowship. It is a long journey but if you ask me it is very rewarding in terms of knowledge and foundation I gained as a pathology resident. I would stress to finish atleast the AP part of Pathology/and go for IM/Hemonc and if that is too long for you then use your current time in pathology to get some research and publications under your belt (easy to publish in pathology) before entering IM.

Thank you diku8888