Applying to MCPHS for 2008 Fall/Spring

Started by sollyjoon
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My essay was 800 words and I got an interview!

That's a relief. Are you completely finished with pre-req's or still working on them? I have about 5 pre-req's to go but I have 2 B.A.'s so I'm hoping that will ensure the admissions committee that I can complete them.
 
That's a relief. Are you completely finished with pre-req's or still working on them? I have about 5 pre-req's to go but I have 2 B.A.'s so I'm hoping that will ensure the admissions committee that I can complete them.


I have Microbiology and a Social elective left.
 
I sent out my application last week and my last LOR went out today. How long do you think it will be before I hear anything about them having received my application?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sent out my application last week and my last LOR went out today. How long do you think it will be before I hear anything about them having received my application?
I can't really tell you b/c I sent my application in August, but it was not complete until middle of October. I received a letter for an interview invitation two days after a letter saying that my application was complete.
 
The waiting game begins! Thanks for your help. I hope you hear good news soon. 🙂
 
for those of u who got accepted, please enjoy your life because MCPHS worcester will give u chronic stress for the next 2 years....every week in this school will feel like "finals week' and final week in this school will feel like HELL....👍😀
 
for those of u who got accepted, please enjoy your life because MCPHS worcester will give u chronic stress for the next 2 years....every week in this school will feel like "finals week' and final week in this school will feel like HELL....👍😀

Everyone should understand that we have finals this week and that post is pure frustration...yes we have a lot of work, yes we have tests, and yes finals suck...I mean I feel icant's pain but what Rx school has "fun" finals??? If you wanna have fun go join the frigin circus...bottom line is that the school isn't that bad. I have good grades and still manage to have some fun...anyone who tells you differently about P1 yr is full of s**t.
 
Everyone should understand that we have finals this week and that post is pure frustration...yes we have a lot of work, yes we have tests, and yes finals suck...I mean I feel icant's pain but what Rx school has "fun" finals??? If you wanna have fun go join the frigin circus...bottom line is that the school isn't that bad. I have good grades and still manage to have some fun...anyone who tells you differently about P1 yr is full of s**t.

what's your tip for good grades? i'm sure everyone is eager to know...
 
Do any of you know how many interview dates they offer for the Boston campus? I submitted my supplemental app right after Thanksgiving and received a notice that my application is complete on 12/10...and am now still waiting to hear from them.
 
for those of u who got accepted, please enjoy your life because MCPHS worcester will give u chronic stress for the next 2 years....every week in this school will feel like "finals week' and final week in this school will feel like HELL....👍😀

the way i see it, more people pass than fail out of pharmacy school. so if u can't handle it...

👍 I guess you will be taking your own advice?
 
^ I think what icant meant with the above statement is that if someone can't handle pharmacy school, then he/she probably isn't cut out to be a pharmacist anyway. Probably hurts but I suppose I agree, since I mean, we all got to graduate from pharmacy school to take the NAPLEX anyway, right? 😱