Applying to more programs at this point?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeuroAppl2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have only gotten 6 interviews for prelim position thus far. I was wondering if it was worth applying to more programs at this point? I would like to get closer to 10 interviews to put myself in best position to match and avoid scramble. I am flexible with location and don't mind spending year anywhere.

Members don't see this ad.

My school has very strict expectations of us when it comes to prelim interviews and wants applicants to go on at least 5. So I think you're okay? I have also heard that IM programs go slower than Neuro with their invites so you'll likely get more invites soon. All the best!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm at 7 total right now (3 TY + 4 prelim med) and still kind of worried. I applied to another one today that my buddy told me has not sent any prelim IVs out yet. I plan to call a few more programs on Monday to directly ask them can I still apply/are they still sending out IVs.

Thanks for your response! Most of my TY and PY haven't replied but I have seen on the forum that they have already sent out invites so I'm a little worried. Anyone know if its a silent rejection or do they send out outright rejections.

^ same boat. have 6 prelims 1 TY. doubt any more will be coming my way. im assuming rejection from the other places if they already sent out invites

Yeah, I don't have any yet. I have only 4 advanced, all with a linked prelim that supposedly guarantees spots for all neuro people at the institution (and one of them doesn't even require an extra interview), but I'm getting scared. What regions, in general, should I apply to that would most likely have a relatively easy-to-get-into prelim?