Applying to multiple schools same time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted421268

The primary application opens up in June 1st I believe, so should one apply for all the medical schools they intend to apply for on that day. I was thinking than with secondary applications and essay part how does one write all the essays for all medical schools they apply for without delaying time to submit secondary application?

Members don't see this ad.

You want to send your primary application to all of the schools that you are applying to when you are satisfied with your primary app at the same time. Pre-write the secondary essays. You can look up the old secondary essays on the school specific threads on this site, they rarely change. Also, the secondary applications don't all get sent on the same day. I applied to 23 schools and received secondary applications from late June to mid-August.
Also is there value in getting the secondary applications parts done as soon as one can rather than waiting until the deadline for secondary application? How time consuming is the primary application part? I hear that it's best to start early in May or so before it opens for sending to schools

Last edited by a moderator:
Also is there value in getting the secondary applications parts done as soon as one can rather than waiting until the deadline for secondary application? How time consuming is the primary application part? I hear that it's best to start early in May or so before it opens for sending to schools
Get the applications done ASAP. Do not wait until the deadlines.
Primary is pretty time consuming. I'd get started when it opens and go from there

Members don't see this ad :)
Get the applications done ASAP. Do not wait until the deadlines.
Primary is pretty time consuming. I'd get started when it opens and go from there
With primary application though once you are complete with it you can submit that to as many school as one wants? Like with secondary application it is unique and different for each school so you have to submit different secondary information to each individual school but with primary you can submit that same to every school?

With primary application though once you are complete with it you can submit that to as many school as one wants? Like with secondary application it is unique and different for each school so you have to submit different secondary information to each individual school but with primary you can submit that same to every school?
Yes. Secondary is unique to each school. Primary goes to every school.

Also if someone is applying for say fall of the next year and they are intend to take classes in coming fall of current year can they indicate that on application especially if they still have a prerequisite or so left?

Also if someone is applying for say fall of the next year and they are intend to take classes in coming fall of current year can they indicate that on application especially if they still have a prerequisite or so left?

Yes and the schools that accept updates you can send them summer and fall grades once you get them back.