Applying to new pharmacy school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
you most likely will be offered an interview around March 24th.
I applied on friday 2/17 too. But I still havent heard anything from them. I called them today to ask but they said they are quite busy now because pharmcas application. Did you apply on their website?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
They continue to inform me that I will be emailed on certain days, but never get a response when they promise. Which individual did you guys talk to?

Has anyone got a recent acceptance?

I wonder what they're doing that they are so back-logged, and almost inconsistent it seems.

They continue to inform me that I will be emailed on certain days, but never get a response when they promise. Which individual did you guys talk to?

Has anyone got a recent acceptance?

I wonder what they're doing that they are so back-logged, and almost inconsistent it seems.
I would try emailing either Shaun or Kendra. I am sure they are both really busy because they are dealing with getting the pre-accreditation status. If you are able to, try stopping into their office or maybe try calling them. I have had multiple situations with other pharmacy schools that my emails actually went to junk mail and they replied to me a few weeks after.

It took them about a week and a half to accept me into the program and that was all the way back in November.

I would try emailing either Shaun or Kendra. I am sure they are both really busy because they are dealing with getting the pre-accreditation status. If you are able to, try stopping into their office or maybe try calling them. I have had multiple situations with other pharmacy schools that my emails actually went to junk mail and they replied to me a few weeks after.

It took them about a week and a half to accept me into the program and that was all the way back in November.
I waited about 4 weeks from their initial response to inquire about anything. They replied back saying that they would get back to me by certain days last week, but still have heard nothing. I'm at the point where I don't want to seem like a nag, or a burden, but I just want to get to the bottom line with what is going on and why. I honestly might go in on my birthday this Friday, because it seems that is the only time I'm off of work, when they are open. My anxiety is getting to me, just because I tried dental school last year and waited a whole year, and no response from any school... Whats wrong with me?

I waited about 4 weeks from their initial response to inquire about anything. They replied back saying that they would get back to me by certain days last week, but still have heard nothing. I'm at the point where I don't want to seem like a nag, or a burden, but I just want to get to the bottom line with what is going on and why. I honestly might go in on my birthday this Friday, because it seems that is the only time I'm off of work, when they are open. My anxiety is getting to me, just because I tried dental school last year and waited a whole year, and no response from any school... Whats wrong with me?
Yeah that is definitely annoying. You deserve an answer and you should be given that!

I'm honestly just getting worried. If they are not credible to their word now, what should I expect during the actual year of school? I hope things get better fast. Also, this is a bit random - do they send the facebook invitation after a student's deposit has been made, or is it just random?

I suppose I will just patiently wait it out! Best of luck to everyone, it seems like a very awesome school nonetheless.

I suppose I will just patiently wait it out! Best of luck to everyone, it seems like a very awesome school nonetheless.

Regardless of my acceptance, I am not attending their program.. so hopefully you will get off the waitlist (I believe you are on the waitlist if my memory recalls correctly).

Pharmacy school is just ridiculously expensive and the salary doesn't help.. I understand MDs (and I suppose dentist) having high student loans, because their minimum salary is $170,000..

But if I graduate with a PharmD, then do a residency, I get paid less than a retail pharmacist?? which is comparable to a doctor of nurse practitioner??

It appears nursing is the way to go.

I applied on friday 2/17 too. But I still havent heard anything from them. I called them today to ask but they said they are quite busy now because pharmcas application. Did you apply on their website?

I did not. I applied on their website.. I had a personalized website to apply with. I did call the day before I applied to get my name into her head.. then within the next 3 days I received an interview. My stats aren't crazy, but maybe it's because I called ahead of time and charmed her with my voice? Idk.

Regardless of my acceptance, I am not attending their program.. so hopefully you will get off the waitlist (I believe you are on the waitlist if my memory recalls correctly).

Pharmacy school is just ridiculously expensive and the salary doesn't help.. I understand MDs (and I suppose dentist) having high student loans, because their minimum salary is $170,000..

But if I graduate with a PharmD, then do a residency, I get paid less than a retail pharmacist?? which is comparable to a doctor of nurse practitioner??

It appears nursing is the way to go.
Would you mind PMing me your stats? I just want to compare. I believe I'm a pretty strong candidate, and was wondering if I just interviewed with the wrong people... So, are you not pursuing pharmacy at all? Are you going with nursing?

Members don't see this ad :)
because the rest were on PharmCas and I didn't want to annoy my profs.. Fair amount of volunteer work.

Last edited:
Would you mind PMing me your stats? I just want to compare. I believe I'm a pretty strong candidate, and was wondering if I just interviewed with the wrong people... So, are you not pursuing pharmacy at all? Are you going with nursing?

As far as pursuing nursing?.. Yes, I believe so. More patient interaction, more pay. CRNAs can make from 150,000-200,000. there are a lot of specialties to go into.. and the student loan isn't that bad at all.

If clinical pharmacist got paid more, I would for sure do it, but 3 years of CRNA school is like 80,000.

As far as pursuing nursing?.. Yes, I believe so. More patient interaction, more pay. CRNAs can make from 150,000-200,000. there are a lot of specialties to go into.. and the student loan isn't that bad at all.

If clinical pharmacist got paid more, I would for sure do it, but 3 years of CRNA school is like 80,000.

For example, University of Alabama's program is $62,000... You have to have 1 year of clinical experience in an ICU to be admitted to the program... so if I work for 2 years (most likely what will happen) I will probably have close to $40,000 in savings.. so I won't really have to take out that many student loans (or at least I can pay them quickly).. My only monthly expenses would be rent and utilities (maybe my cell phone, but trying to stay on my parent's plan lol).. and you can pick up extra shifts... but yea. it seems like a good gig.

I did not. I applied on their website.. I had a personalized website to apply with. I did call the day before I applied to get my name into her head.. then within the next 3 days I received an interview. My stats aren't crazy, but maybe it's because I called ahead of time and charmed her with my voice? Idk.
I talked to Shaun after I submitted my application. He said I will get the confirmation email after one day but I did not receive anything. I even checked in my junk mail. ( Maybe my voice is not sweet enough lol) I also applied on their website. I remember they are not participated on Pharmacas yet so idk why he mentioned about pharmcas application :/ Did you pay for application? and Did they tell you to send them the reference? because I did not see any request after I submitted my application. Im kind nervous and worried now. Hope they can invite for the interview soon >.< so you decided to quit Pharm school already?

For example, University of Alabama's program is $62,000... You have to have 1 year of clinical experience in an ICU to be admitted to the program... so if I work for 2 years (most likely what will happen) I will probably have close to $40,000 in savings.. so I won't really have to take out that many student loans (or at least I can pay them quickly).. My only monthly expenses would be rent and utilities (maybe my cell phone, but trying to stay on my parent's plan lol).. and you can pick up extra shifts... but yea. it seems like a good gig.
I just want to say that you should think long and hard about nursing. Have you talked to nurses? My dad and my sister are both nurses, and in fact nurse practitioner. My sister had to take out about equal amount of money to go to nurse practitioner school then pharmacy. And, hers was a tough program to get into. My dad did it when it was still a master's degree, cheaper and he did a distance pathway but he had to arrange all of his own clinical. Both worked for 5 plus years before going on to nursing school. Just look at the work nurses do and see if you would enjoy doing that type of work.

I just want to say that you should think long and hard about nursing. Have you talked to nurses? My dad and my sister are both nurses, and in fact nurse practitioner. My sister had to take out about equal amount of money to go to nurse practitioner school then pharmacy. And, hers was a tough program to get into. My dad did it when it was still a master's degree, cheaper and he did a distance pathway but he had to arrange all of his own clinical. Both worked for 5 plus years before going on to nursing school. Just look at the work nurses do and see if you would enjoy doing that type of work.

Well I don't really like what nurses do, but nurse practitioner/CRNA I wouldn't mind at all.
The loans are definitely less for nursing school... MCW has a 3 year program luckily, but a 4 year program for pharmacy school is way too expensive.

I talked to Shaun after I submitted my application. He said I will get the confirmation email after one day but I did not receive anything. I even checked in my junk mail. ( Maybe my voice is not sweet enough lol) I also applied on their website. I remember they are not participated on Pharmacas yet so idk why he mentioned about pharmcas application :/ Did you pay for application? and Did they tell you to send them the reference? because I did not see any request after I submitted my application. Im kind nervous and worried now. Hope they can invite for the interview soon >.< so you decided to quit Pharm school already?

hahah I haven't quit pharmacy school! I just didn't pursue my acceptance (assuming I get accepted).

There is no application fee, since their school isn't accredited.. they only thing you had to pay for is transcripts... there was a section for references.. you should have attached the letter to the application.

hahah I haven't quit pharmacy school! I just didn't pursue my acceptance (assuming I get accepted).

There is no application fee, since their school isn't accredited.. they only thing you had to pay for is transcripts... there was a section for references.. you should have attached the letter to the application.
I didnt attach the letter to my application because I need to ask the Pharmacist to write me one. But I think we can email them later right? I just uploaded my unofficial transcript and i dont see they ask for the official so I dont know when can I send to them. I asked one person in this forum and she said we only submit official after we get the interview invitation??

Well I don't really like what nurses do, but nurse practitioner/CRNA I wouldn't mind at all.
The loans are definitely less for nursing school... MCW has a 3 year program luckily, but a 4 year program for pharmacy school is way too expensive.
Then I would go the PA path. Because its hard to get into nurse practitioner without nursing experience. You have to put in the work and you need those experiences to draw on in the profession if you choose to do that path.

Then I would go the PA path. Because its hard to get into nurse practitioner without nursing experience. You have to put in the work and you need those experiences to draw on in the profession if you choose to do that path.

The requirement is to work a year in the ICU.. so I'll work a year or two.

I didnt attach the letter to my application because I need to ask the Pharmacist to write me one. But I think we can email them later right? I just uploaded my unofficial transcript and i dont see they ask for the official so I dont know when can I send to them. I asked one person in this forum and she said we only submit official after we get the interview invitation??

Yea, that's probably right. Just to verify.

But the weird thing is im not submitting my application today tho :))))
I submitted it 3 weeks ago but the welcome mail just arrived today

well what did this "welcome email" say.. was the subject "a message from the dean"?

no it is an email from Kendra-the enrollment coordinator.

I am like 99% sure certain you are talking about an automated message subjected "messaged from the dean", but signed by Kendra.

I am like 99% sure certain you are talking about an automated message subjected "messaged from the dean", but signed by Kendra.
Idk but it is not the letter I want haha I just see it is funny because most of the school sent you an email after you submit the application, but this school takes more than 3 weeks just for the welcome letter

I have no idea why they are taking so long to respond to all of you. They must be extremely busy because they have a spring visit to get one step closer to accreditation.

I have no idea why they are taking so long to respond to all of you. They must be extremely busy because they have a spring visit to get one step closer to accreditation.
They told me one more interview day on March 24th, and then possibly a last one sometime after May 1st when applications are due. They won't interview people they don't see fit for the rigorous academic years in the near future. Each interview day is getting less and less applicants as the year goes on and the deadline approaches.

They told me one more interview day on March 24th, and then possibly a last one sometime after May 1st when applications are due. They won't interview people they don't see fit for the rigorous academic years in the near future. Each interview day is getting less and less applicants as the year goes on and the deadline approaches.
you had interview?

Yeah that is definitely annoying. You deserve an answer and you should be given that!

I'm new here, looking to apply next year but am interested in this school so I am following this thread. It sounds like you did receive an answer- that you are on the wait list. Now you just have to hope enough people drop out of the class so they can offer you a spot. Good luck!

I got an interview invite for Friday, May 12, 2017

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone, I just joined SDN and accepted a spot at MCW Pharmacy School a couple months ago. If you have any questions please let me know and I will try my best to help.

Reactions: 1 user
The even texted my nurse practitioner that I shadowed but rejected me , so upset

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile