Applying to NYIT Late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

applebott0mgenes

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I need to retake my MCAT and plan on to do so in September. I know NYIT's deadline is in January, but does anyone know if they stop looking at applicants at a specific time? I plan on applying to the LI location and I am an ORM NY resident. If everything goes smoothly, I hope to have the secondaries submitted by Oct/Nov. I was also thinking of submitting my primaries in June/July just to have my app verified, but I am worried they might immediately reject if they saw my first MCAT score even if I indicate that I will be retaking it with a new score.

I saw in previous threads where Goro mentioned usually Thanksgiving is still considered to be on time, but was just wondering if that's for all DO schools or not.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Some people submit a single primary to a "throw away" school to get verified now. Then can submit with better MCAT score to your real school list and skip the wait.

IMO you're cutting it pretty close; basically if one thing goes wrong you'll be submitting late and interviewing for waitlist spots. I was in a similar position a few years ago and decided to suck it up and delay my app. Got accepted on the first go. Hindsight says I wouldn't have gotten in if I'd tried to submit my "day late, dollar short" app when I originally wanted to. I know everyone's situation is different though.