Applying to Osteopathic Pediatric Residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

InvaderDOC

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello:

I'm a 4th year osteopathic medical student interested in applying to osteopathic pediatric residencies. The ones listed on the AOA Opportunited Website are (except for one) dually ACGME/AOA accreditted, so I can have opportunities after I graduate.

My major issue is what to expect. I'm hearing the osteopathic pediatric programs are competitive and I'm afraid I may not have what it takes.

And another issue is to what to look for in a pediatric residency. I've looked at all 17 residencies, and they all look alike. A lot of them are inner city or university programs, which has good exposure to wide range of pathology, which is something I'm looking for. I'm also interested in knowing the environment of the program (competitive v. laid back/cooperative), and I can't get that information on any website. I would like to be in a more cooperative/laid back residency, but how can I find that out (besides during interview day).

These are just few of the issues. Is there any other pointers that could be helpful?

Thank you for any responses,

G

Members don't see this ad.

Hi InvaderDOC. Did you become a pediatrician? Im currently an OMS3 and would love to borrow your wisdom. How was the application/interview process? Would you be willing to provide some information on the programs you experienced or perhaps on the one you selected? If you are a pediatrician, would you do it again? I would be incredibly appreciative of any information you are willing to share. I hope all is well.