Applying to Out of State Pharmacy Schools from CC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smsc2009

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it easy to apply and be accepted into Pharmacy Schools in New York, or Pennsylvania if you are coming from an out of state Community College on the west coast?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

my fiencee has 3 interviews thus far and she went to CC then a 4 year school. most of her pre reqs are at the CC though.

Also, I know the answer to this but I just want to verify, a Bachelor's degree is not required for Pharmacy school to recieve a PharmD., correct?
Thanks again

Members don't see this ad :)
each school has different pre req requirements so you have to check their specific sites. some schools have a high precentage of people with a 4 year degree but there are plenty that just require about 2 years worth of classes

I could go to Pharmacy school in California, and then do a residency in New York, or Pennsylvania, and get my state license, correct?
Thanks

right you aren't limited to that state. my friend graduated from NY and moved right to Arizona to practice and get his license

I could go to Pharmacy school in California, and then do a residency in New York, or Pennsylvania, and get my state license, correct?
Thanks

You've got to be careful with California licenses. They don't reciprocate with other states. I'm not sure how that affects residencies, fellowships, etc.