Applying to pharmacy school with 5 prerequisites still needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mitchjp1997

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I'm currently a soon-to-be sophomore and I'm going to be applying to pharmacy school for the 2017-2018 freshman class. I'm wondering if pharmacy schools will be hesitant to accept me if I still have 5 classes to take (organic 2, cell bio, microbio, anatomy, and physics). I know this is manageable for me, but does anyone know how pharmacy schools will view this? My GPA is a 3.695c and 3.6s with 1 withdrawal. I will be taking the PCAT this summer, my projected score is 60-80.
Thanks everyone.
 
Hey guys, I'm currently a soon-to-be sophomore and I'm going to be applying to pharmacy school for the 2017-2018 freshman class. I'm wondering if pharmacy schools will be hesitant to accept me if I still have 5 classes to take (organic 2, cell bio, microbio, anatomy, and physics). I know this is manageable for me, but does anyone know how pharmacy schools will view this? My GPA is a 3.695c and 3.6s with 1 withdrawal. I will be taking the PCAT this summer, my projected score is 60-80.
Thanks everyone.

I would suggest viewing your school's requirements. I am sure it says something about in-progress pre-req. otherwise; contact them and see what they tell you.

Good luck!
 
Be sure to get a job in a pharmacy before starting pharmacy school. Instead of jumping into pharmacy school, you want to make sure you enjoy doing this for the rest of your life.

Getting into a pharmacy school is ridiculously easy nowadays as long as you're willing to sign away $200k+ in student loans. Landing and holding a job is much more difficult with the surplus of pharmacists and pharmacy schools.