Applying to pharmacy school with 5 prerequisites still needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mitchjp1997

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm currently a soon-to-be sophomore and I'm going to be applying to pharmacy school for the 2017-2018 freshman class. I'm wondering if pharmacy schools will be hesitant to accept me if I still have 5 classes to take (organic 2, cell bio, microbio, anatomy, and physics). I know this is manageable for me, but does anyone know how pharmacy schools will view this? My GPA is a 3.695c and 3.6s with 1 withdrawal. I will be taking the PCAT this summer, my projected score is 60-80.
Thanks everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I'm currently a soon-to-be sophomore and I'm going to be applying to pharmacy school for the 2017-2018 freshman class. I'm wondering if pharmacy schools will be hesitant to accept me if I still have 5 classes to take (organic 2, cell bio, microbio, anatomy, and physics). I know this is manageable for me, but does anyone know how pharmacy schools will view this? My GPA is a 3.695c and 3.6s with 1 withdrawal. I will be taking the PCAT this summer, my projected score is 60-80.
Thanks everyone.

I would suggest viewing your school's requirements. I am sure it says something about in-progress pre-req. otherwise; contact them and see what they tell you.

Good luck!

Be sure to get a job in a pharmacy before starting pharmacy school. Instead of jumping into pharmacy school, you want to make sure you enjoy doing this for the rest of your life.

Getting into a pharmacy school is ridiculously easy nowadays as long as you're willing to sign away $200k+ in student loans. Landing and holding a job is much more difficult with the surplus of pharmacists and pharmacy schools.