Applying to radiology from another specialty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Warped Apostle

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I was a PGY4 in a urology and left the program this past year. I will be applying to DR programs this cycle and was wondering what things does my medical school need to do for me to be eligible for the match. The urology match was different than ERAS, so I wanted to know what I should ask for.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey dude!

Just contact your medical school - usually the office of students affairs or similar - and tell them the situation. They need to request an ERAS token for you. Also ask for the info they send to their M4's so you can find out everything they tell students about the ERAS process.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hello everyone. I was a PGY4 in a urology and left the program this past year. I will be applying to DR programs this cycle and was wondering what things does my medical school need to do for me to be eligible for the match. The urology match was different than ERAS, so I wanted to know what I should ask for.

Can I ask what made leave urology and made you interested in DR?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I did not fit in with the surgical culture and with some introspection I discovered that I did not like being the OR.

Reactions: 2 users