1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Applying to schools without DAT score

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by nydentist32, Jul 26, 2011.

1. nydentist32

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I know this is prob in the wrong section but i dont like the other sections of this forum. Anyway I got a 3.6 cumm and a 3.55 science. Im a new york resident, white and am a sunyac scholar athlete if it makes a difference. I plan on applying to stony brook, buffallo, nyu, tufts, howard, BU, and University of Maryland. Without a DAT score its hard to gauge where i should apply bc if i don't get into the NY schools that I'll go out of state. With my GPA, extracurriculars, and a project DAT score of above an 18 (at the very least) are these schools where i should be applying?
    Sorry if this sounds kinda confusing but i gotta submit my AADSAS today or tomm

Thankss

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. crax

7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    if you check the main predent forum, they have a "what are my chances" thread where it tells you how to find out your "ranking" value amongst schools. those look like a good choice of schools, on the off chance you do bad on your DAT nyu & tufts seem to be a good option, might want to take a look at umdnj & temple also. if you do some hard google searching, you can find a list of schools from 2009's adeas dental school guide which shows OOS acceptances, if you can find that check what schools are NY friendly, two which come to mind might be pitt boston & temple but check for yourself!
    good luck

4. nydentist32

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Thanks I was thinking about temple but of my professors told me not to go there cause its in a very bad neighborhood