Applying to TUCOM-MI question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YogiDO

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I've finally decided to post to this site after looking at it for a year. And I think I am finally set on my decision to attend DO school. Have had quite the internal battle between MD/DO. But, after visiting Touro I feel good about TUCOM. But I'm in a bit of quandary, I haven't finished my AACOMAS yet, have been focusing on AAMCAS.

I want to send in my app by the end of the week. I feel like I have strong numbers, which is why I waited on the DO App, didn't want to be stuck with the $2000 deposit and then decide to go allopathic.

I've got a 3.75/3.75 and a 34Q, how do those #s stack up with the people that have already been accepted to TUCOM???

Thanks for your help, look forward to contributing to this site.

Members don't see this ad.

YogiDO said:
So, I've finally decided to post to this site after looking at it for a year. And I think I am finally set on my decision to attend DO school. Have had quite the internal battle between MD/DO. But, after visiting Touro I feel good about TUCOM. But I'm in a bit of quandary, I haven't finished my AACOMAS yet, have been focusing on AAMCAS.

I want to send in my app by the end of the week. I feel like I have strong numbers, which is why I waited on the DO App, didn't want to be stuck with the $2000 deposit and then decide to go allopathic.

I've got a 3.75/3.75 and a 34Q, how do those #s stack up with the people that have already been accepted to TUCOM???
Thanks for your help, look forward to contributing to this site.

You should be fine anywhere you apply. Make sure to know osteopathic medicine. No luck with the MD schools yet?

I got secondaries back from UCI, UCLA, and Stanford, rejected by UCSF. Decided not to fill out my UCLA app because I don't think I could live in LA. Am waiting to hear back from UCI and Stanford. It will be a difficult decision for me if I get into one of those schools and TUCOM, but I want to play the game. Visited WesternU and was totally turned off by Pomona, students were nice though, they felt like a different breed from the Med Students I know.

TUCOM looks cool. I love the Bay area, the island is Funky, but not a total turn off. I liked the people, they seem serious, yet not uptight.

It looks like AACOMAS wants a lot less info than AAMCAS when it comes to personal statement and extracuriculars, is it appropriate to assume that, or should I treat the apps identically? I spent a lot of time on AAMCAS, it doesn't seem like I need to spend so much time on AACOMAS, what do you think?

Thanks for the help.