Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Applying to TUCOM-MI question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by YogiDO, Dec 13, 2005.

1. YogiDO

YogiDO New Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    So, I've finally decided to post to this site after looking at it for a year. And I think I am finally set on my decision to attend DO school. Have had quite the internal battle between MD/DO. But, after visiting Touro I feel good about TUCOM. But I'm in a bit of quandary, I haven't finished my AACOMAS yet, have been focusing on AAMCAS.

I want to send in my app by the end of the week. I feel like I have strong numbers, which is why I waited on the DO App, didn't want to be stuck with the $2000 deposit and then decide to go allopathic.

I've got a 3.75/3.75 and a 34Q, how do those #s stack up with the people that have already been accepted to TUCOM???

Thanks for your help, look forward to contributing to this site.

2. USArmyDoc

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    You should be fine anywhere you apply. Make sure to know osteopathic medicine. No luck with the MD schools yet?

3. YogiDO

YogiDO New Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I got secondaries back from UCI, UCLA, and Stanford, rejected by UCSF. Decided not to fill out my UCLA app because I don't think I could live in LA. Am waiting to hear back from UCI and Stanford. It will be a difficult decision for me if I get into one of those schools and TUCOM, but I want to play the game. Visited WesternU and was totally turned off by Pomona, students were nice though, they felt like a different breed from the Med Students I know.

TUCOM looks cool. I love the Bay area, the island is Funky, but not a total turn off. I liked the people, they seem serious, yet not uptight.

It looks like AACOMAS wants a lot less info than AAMCAS when it comes to personal statement and extracuriculars, is it appropriate to assume that, or should I treat the apps identically? I spent a lot of time on AAMCAS, it doesn't seem like I need to spend so much time on AACOMAS, what do you think?

Thanks for the help.