Applying to work in a clinic with no experience

Discussion in 'Pre-Optometry' started by Celebi, 10.28.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Celebi

Celebi

Pre-Optometry
    Recently I've been trying to apply for a job at my local optometric clinics so I can get more experiences, however, I had a hard time getting accepted because I lack prior experiences. What are some advices I should take into consideration when applying? I do well at my interviews and the doctors seem to like my attitude, but I was turned down because they found someone with more experience and I have close to none whatsoever. Should I shadow more and then try to apply again or keep trying? Thank you.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Rain Clouds

Rain Clouds 2+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    You can definitely shadow more. Shadowing is experience. Are you looking for a job as an optician (usually requires experience), or something more like a front desk or back office job (usually less experience required)? If all you want is experience, why not ask a doctor if you can do a long-term (over a couple weeks or so) shadow where you actually help out around the clinic?

4. armoman92

armoman92 Banned Banned Account on Hold

Pre-Medical
    I read your post, and made a new thread to answer the questions you had, and others I have seen around SDN.

View it here

About the ads