applying -- what should i do?

Started by cubs11
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cubs11

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
my prereqs will be spread out over 4 semesters because of the requirements of taking some courses before the others when registering, etc.

i won't start org chem 1 til next fall (08). i will be completing my prereqs in spring 09.

should i apply next year? -- halfway through my prereqs and would be completing my prereqs the spring before entering vet school.

or should i apply in 2 years after completing all of my prereqs?
 
cubs11,

It depends on the school(s) you are applying to. I do know that some schools will accept that a limited number of your pre-req's will be completed the spring following the submission of your application (or the spring of the year you will/may enter vet school). I was in your shoes a year ago and, now, it is coming together nicely for me to apply this fall but still have Physics II to complete next spring.
 
i agree. research the schools. a number of schools just ask that your prereqs be completed before classes begin (Western). others expect them to be completed the fall before admission (T A&M?). Others dock you on your chances for interviewing if you're lacking a course (Purdue).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I noticed that Purdue and Ohio State both clearly state that only 1 prereq course can be incomplete at the time of application. I haven't been able to find specific information for Auburn and Tennessee regarding this yet.
 
Yeah I noticed that Purdue and Ohio State both clearly state that only 1 prereq course can be incomplete at the time of application. I haven't been able to find specific information for Auburn and Tennessee regarding this yet.

I don't know that it affects interview chances to a big extent. I had 4 missing pre-reqs and was not planning on taking a course at all (and they knew it), and I still got an interview at Purdue. I did not go, so I don't know beyond that.
 
It will make a difference at OSU, unless you get a petition approved.