1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

applying -- what should i do?

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by cubs11, May 8, 2007.

1. cubs11

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    my prereqs will be spread out over 4 semesters because of the requirements of taking some courses before the others when registering, etc.

i won't start org chem 1 til next fall (08). i will be completing my prereqs in spring 09.

should i apply next year? -- halfway through my prereqs and would be completing my prereqs the spring before entering vet school.

or should i apply in 2 years after completing all of my prereqs?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. bclover

bclover UIUC-CVM Class of 2012
    5+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    cubs11,

It depends on the school(s) you are applying to. I do know that some schools will accept that a limited number of your pre-req's will be completed the spring following the submission of your application (or the spring of the year you will/may enter vet school). I was in your shoes a year ago and, now, it is coming together nicely for me to apply this fall but still have Physics II to complete next spring.

4. twosoakers

twosoakers Addict & Western U '11
    7+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    i agree. research the schools. a number of schools just ask that your prereqs be completed before classes begin (Western). others expect them to be completed the fall before admission (T A&M?). Others dock you on your chances for interviewing if you're lacking a course (Purdue).

5. cubs11

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    Yeah I noticed that Purdue and Ohio State both clearly state that only 1 prereq course can be incomplete at the time of application. I haven't been able to find specific information for Auburn and Tennessee regarding this yet.

6. mkata

mkata Cornell CVM 2011
    2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    I don't know that it affects interview chances to a big extent. I had 4 missing pre-reqs and was not planning on taking a course at all (and they knew it), and I still got an interview at Purdue. I did not go, so I don't know beyond that.

7. ri23

ri23 OSU CVM Class of 2011
    7+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    It will make a difference at OSU, unless you get a petition approved.