Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

applying -- what should i do?

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by cubs11, May 8, 2007.

1. cubs11

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    my prereqs will be spread out over 4 semesters because of the requirements of taking some courses before the others when registering, etc.

i won't start org chem 1 til next fall (08). i will be completing my prereqs in spring 09.

should i apply next year? -- halfway through my prereqs and would be completing my prereqs the spring before entering vet school.

or should i apply in 2 years after completing all of my prereqs?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. bclover

bclover UIUC-CVM Class of 2012
    5+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    cubs11,

It depends on the school(s) you are applying to. I do know that some schools will accept that a limited number of your pre-req's will be completed the spring following the submission of your application (or the spring of the year you will/may enter vet school). I was in your shoes a year ago and, now, it is coming together nicely for me to apply this fall but still have Physics II to complete next spring.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. twosoakers

twosoakers Addict & Western U '11
    7+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    i agree. research the schools. a number of schools just ask that your prereqs be completed before classes begin (Western). others expect them to be completed the fall before admission (T A&M?). Others dock you on your chances for interviewing if you're lacking a course (Purdue).

4. OP
    OP
    cubs11

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    Yeah I noticed that Purdue and Ohio State both clearly state that only 1 prereq course can be incomplete at the time of application. I haven't been able to find specific information for Auburn and Tennessee regarding this yet.

5. mkata

mkata Cornell CVM 2011
    2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    I don't know that it affects interview chances to a big extent. I had 4 missing pre-reqs and was not planning on taking a course at all (and they knew it), and I still got an interview at Purdue. I did not go, so I don't know beyond that.

6. ri23

ri23 OSU CVM Class of 2011
    7+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    It will make a difference at OSU, unless you get a petition approved.