• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

LoLCareerGoals

5+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Can you apply while you are still completing the prerequisites? I saw a couple of you who have already landed admits were still taking courses.
If practice tests indicate I am ready, I'd like to take MCAT after some self-study, before completing the coursework to save time. (I can't start coursework now because I am out of the country.)
Will I be allowed to apply in such a scenario and if so will I put myself at a massive disadvantage without any bio/chem grades to show?

In general by what point in the application process do you need all your "check boxes checked"?

darmalee

10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2008
Texas
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Can you apply while you are still completing the prerequisites? I saw a couple of you who have already landed admits were still taking courses.
If practice tests indicate I am ready, I'd like to take MCAT after some self-study, before completing the coursework to save time. (I can't start coursework now because I am out of the country.)
Will I be allowed to apply in such a scenario and if so will I put myself at a massive disadvantage without any bio/chem grades to show?

In general by what point in the application process do you need all your "check boxes checked"?

I got accepted last fall and am currently taking both biochemistry and biology lab. When you apply you put in your planned classes. When I got accepted it was just contingent on me getting at least a C in the remaining requirements.

PostHaste

Eye Roller
5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2010
Midwesterly
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I was accepted in fall and had not finished Chem 2, Bio 2, or OChem lab. My acceptance was contingent on completing those courses with a "similar level of performance" (or something like that) to my previous work.

I did alright on my MCAT, but I will say that Chem 2 would have helped me out a lot. Just make sure you take a few full-length, timed practice tests and are very comfortable with the bottom end of the scores you get before you take the real thing.

Kmd001

Mar 10, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I am applying without organic chemistry and taking the MCAT without having physics or o chem (been self studying for months and sill be taking physics I and II this summer and waiting till they are done to submit my applications ~ 2nd week in July) I was concerned about this but my advisor told me that it is fairly common but your acceptance is contingent on your successfully completing the classes before matriculation.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.