Applying with a missing pre-req- UK Schools

Started by mildredjrt
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mildredjrt

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there,

I am applying mostly to vet schools that do not require a microbiology credit (Florida, Edinburgh, RVC, Ross, OVC), however I just noticed that UCD does require it, has anyone ever applied to a UK school with a missing pre-req and still was offered an interview?

I did search for a post similar to this before posting, couldn't find anything that directly answered my question.

Thank you!
 
Call the school and ask if you need the prerequisites completed by the end of fall or the spring before matriculation.

For future reference this could've been asked on either the 2021 future dvms thread or the past UK threads.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Be very careful not to refer to UCD as a UK school. The Irish won't take too kindly to that.
 
You might be admitted with a conditional offer--ie you have to take the class before you start. Or they may put you into the 5 year program.

Either way, I would recommend taking Micro....it's a useful course.