Applying with just a few prereqs missing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

23premes

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I apply next June I will be missing biochem, genetics, and one semester of Ochem 2 which I will be taking that summer. Will this hurt my application? I really want to apply next summer so I don't want to delay things. I will be taking biochem and genetics in the fall of that year. I'll be taking the mcat in April and have been using books/videos to cover any Ochem that I might be missing for it.

Biochem and genetics are only required by a few schools that I'll be applying to. I'll have grades for Ochem 2 by end of August.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Members don't see this ad.

You're fine. Just make sure those missing classes don't hurt your mcat score. I found biochemistry to be highly useful.

Should not be a problem. Most schools expect you to take the pre-reqs by the time you matriculate, not by the time of application.

I would still advice taking OChem 2 before taking the MCAT but you have a better idea of how well you can learn outside of the class room.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't finished my prereqs yet and I'm very happy with my application cycle so far so youll be fine as long as you keep in mind what classes are beneficial for the mcat.

You're fine. Just make sure those missing classes don't hurt your mcat score. I found biochemistry to be highly useful.

Ya, I hope not having biochem won't hurt me too much.

I haven't finished my prereqs yet and I'm very happy with my application cycle so far so youll be fine as long as you keep in mind what classes are beneficial for the mcat.

Ya, that's why I'm doing my best to make sure have all aamc topics covered. What prereqs did you not take yet?