Applying With VMCAS Before Graduating?

Started by BionicCat
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BionicCat

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've got a question about when to apply with the VMCAS. I have one year left at my college and will be graduating with a Bachelors next June. I was wondering if now would be the time to apply for Fall 2015, or if I should wait to apply after I've received my Bachelors and apply for Fall 2016. Thanks!
 
Apply now if you can and want to, but it might depend on how many prereqs you have done. Some schools have limits on how many prereq's you can have remaining after VMCAS is submitted. And make sure you plan ahead and will be able to actually complete everything - it would be disappointing to have a ton of prereqs left, then realize that there's a scheduling conflict and you can't get them all done before beginning school.