Applying without a bachelor's degree??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sohaib Mesiya

Reaction score
Hi, what are the chances of getting accepted if you apply after your 3rd year of college? Is it possible to apply after 3rd year, then while waiting on acceptances, you finish your 4th year for your bachelor's? Would this lower your chances significantly even if you had a high GPA and DAT score?

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, what are the chances of getting accepted if you apply after your 3rd year of college? Is it possible to apply after 3rd year, then while waiting on acceptances, you finish your 4th year for your bachelor's? Would this lower your chances significantly even if you had a high GPA and DAT score?

Thanks,
many people do this...

Reactions: 1 user
I did it. Got 4 acceptances. Just make sure you get your degree by the time you matriculate as that’s conditional on your acceptance (unless the program doesn’t require it)

Many people take a gap year as they want to take some time away from school and build more meaningful experiences, but if you’re ready to apply by the end of your 3rd year then do it. Some folks aren’t and that’s totally okay. Either one you pick doesn’t hurt your chances. Just make sure you’re prepared for interviews during your fall semester, because it’ll get busy.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I did it. Got 4 acceptances. Just make sure you get your degree by the time you matriculate as that’s conditional on your acceptance (unless the program doesn’t require it)

Many people take a gap year as they want to take some time away from school and build more meaningful experiences, but if you’re ready to apply by the end of your 3rd year then do it. Some folks aren’t and that’s totally okay. Either one you pick doesn’t hurt your chances. Just make sure you’re prepared for interviews during your fall semester, because it’ll get busy.
Ok, thanks. I have done a lot of dual credit in high school, so I will graduate in 3 years. So my junior year is technically my 2nd year, so I will be applying after 2 years of college. Will dental schools look down upon this, or does it not really affect anything.

Ok, thanks. I have done a lot of dual credit in high school, so I will graduate in 3 years. So my junior year is technically my 2nd year, so I will be applying after 2 years of college. Will dental schools look down upon this, or does it not really affect anything.
Just make sure you do your homework on which schools accept what prerequisites from CC. There’s a link in my Bio for AP credits but has CC credits information for each school too. Some schools don’t have a limit, some don’t accept CC credits, and some accept a maximum of 60, 40, or less. So do be sure to check so you aren’t making a donation to the school

Dental schools don’t look down on this, but they do want to make sure you get a bachelors from an accredited 4 year university if they require it.

Reactions: 1 user