applying without a degree

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefulopt

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am currently taking my pre-reqs to apply for the entering class of 2007 without holding an undergraduate degree. i know some schools state that it is not required, but has anyone experienced this personally or know of anyone that has gone through this?

i have atleast 90 credits and my gpa as of now is not bad. any feedback or encouragement would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

i was accepted to optometry school without any degree for the class of 2010. i am currently in my third year of undergraduate studies (completing 90 credits before matriculation). applying without a degree is definitely a disadvantage and more difficult, but definitely possible. good luck! :)

hopefulopt said:
i am currently taking my pre-reqs to apply for the entering class of 2007 without holding an undergraduate degree. i know some schools state that it is not required, but has anyone experienced this personally or know of anyone that has gone through this?

i have atleast 90 credits and my gpa as of now is not bad. any feedback or encouragement would be appreciated.

hopefulopt said:

It is definitely possible. I got accepted without having a bachelor degree also.
My stats:
GPA 3.7
OAT 330AA, 360TS

I just had an intreview and I dont have my degree either. But I decided I'd rather finish my degree, then go. Which means I shouldnt have applied... It is possible to get in with out your degree.