applying without a degree

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hopefulopt

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i am currently taking my pre-reqs to apply for the entering class of 2007 without holding an undergraduate degree. i know some schools state that it is not required, but has anyone experienced this personally or know of anyone that has gone through this?

i have atleast 90 credits and my gpa as of now is not bad. any feedback or encouragement would be appreciated.
 
i was accepted to optometry school without any degree for the class of 2010. i am currently in my third year of undergraduate studies (completing 90 credits before matriculation). applying without a degree is definitely a disadvantage and more difficult, but definitely possible. good luck! 🙂

hopefulopt said:
i am currently taking my pre-reqs to apply for the entering class of 2007 without holding an undergraduate degree. i know some schools state that it is not required, but has anyone experienced this personally or know of anyone that has gone through this?

i have atleast 90 credits and my gpa as of now is not bad. any feedback or encouragement would be appreciated.
 
hopefulopt said:
i am currently taking my pre-reqs to apply for the entering class of 2007 without holding an undergraduate degree. i know some schools state that it is not required, but has anyone experienced this personally or know of anyone that has gone through this?

i have atleast 90 credits and my gpa as of now is not bad. any feedback or encouragement would be appreciated.
It is definitely possible. I got accepted without having a bachelor degree also.
My stats:
GPA 3.7
OAT 330AA, 360TS
 
I just had an intreview and I dont have my degree either. But I decided I'd rather finish my degree, then go. Which means I shouldnt have applied... It is possible to get in with out your degree.