Applying Without All Pre-Reqs - Acceptable & Realistic Options

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2ndlifedoc

Reaction score
I know the suggestion is to apply to schools and take the MCAT with all pre-reqs done, but if that is not possible, is there a suggestion on how many you can apply without (assuming you take them in the glide fall/winter) and which ones should be pushed off compared to others? I figure I can always re-apply, if this becomes a kicker and the timeline will be the same as having not tried for it.

Stats: 30YR Non-Trad, Biz/Tech Background, DIY Post-Bacc, 3.1 Undergrad GPA, but from top state school/program (think Mich, UVA, UCLA) non-science.

Members don't see this ad.

You should take the prerequisite courses for content before taking the MCAT. Not negotiable here.

Upper level biomedical courses thereafter you can delay if they are required by each school.

Reactions: 1 users
I know the suggestion is to apply to schools and take the MCAT with all pre-reqs done, but if that is not possible, is there a suggestion on how many you can apply without (assuming you take them in the glide fall/winter) and which ones should be pushed off compared to others? I figure I can always re-apply, if this becomes a kicker and the timeline will be the same as having not tried for it.

Stats: 30YR Non-Trad, Biz/Tech Background, DIY Post-Bacc, 3.1 Undergrad GPA, but from top state school/program (think Mich, UVA, UCLA) non-science.
Life is about making good choices. There are no short cuts to med school. Make good choices.

Med schools aren't going anywhere.

Reactions: 1 users