Applying without OAT score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mfornstrom

Reaction score
I was originally going to take the OAT on August 20th but decided to reschedule for October 3rd to be more prepared. I was hoping to submit my application with my OAT score in September, but that will not happen now. Has anyone submitted their application before taking the OAT? My pre-health advisor told me that it would be a waste of time to submit my application without my OAT score, but with knowing how long OptomCAS can take to verify the application and send it to schools I thought I should submit it early. Does anyone have any advice or experience with this? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't have experience with submitting my application before taking the OAT, but there certain schools that want to see your OAT scores before offering an interview.

The OptomCAS verification is really fast and your applications get sent to the schools immediately if everything is completed on your application before you pay to submit them. For example, I had all my experiences listed, completed all the extra questions required by each school, had all my letters of recommendations submitted, and all my transcripts and OAT scores verified before I submitted my application. I heard back from the schools I applied to within 1 week of submitting my application.

There might be some schools that will offer an interview to you before you take the OAT, but their decision to offer you a seat will be made after the school receives your score.

I don't have experience with submitting my application before taking the OAT, but there certain schools that want to see your OAT scores before offering an interview.

The OptomCAS verification is really fast and your applications get sent to the schools immediately if everything is completed on your application before you pay to submit them. For example, I had all my experiences listed, completed all the extra questions required by each school, had all my letters of recommendations submitted, and all my transcripts and OAT scores verified before I submitted my application. I heard back from the schools I applied to within 1 week of submitting my application.

There might be some schools that will offer an interview to you before you take the OAT, but their decision to offer you a seat will be made after the school receives your score.
Thank you! Do you remember how long it took your OAT scores to show up on OptomCAS after you took it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! Do you remember how long it took your OAT scores to show up on OptomCAS after you took it?
No problem! I think it took around 4 weeks after my test for scores to show up on OptomCAS. You can check the status of your OAT scores by signing into your OAT account.

Reactions: 1 user

my transcripts have been recieved by optomcas, should i expect them to verify my grades and stuff i entered right now or does everything get verified once i submit my app?

my transcripts have been recieved by optomcas, should i expect them to verify my grades and stuff i entered right now or does everything get verified once i submit my app?

I believe everything gets verified when you submit the application!

I think they start verifying your official transcripts with your self-entered grades when they receive it. My application status was “verified” at the time I submitted/paid for my application at the beginning of December.