apps if retake MCAT??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

splashpea

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there was a thread about this earlier, but there weren't many replies so I just wanted to bring it up again :). What happens if you get your MCAT score in may and it's not the greatest, but it isn't absolutely terrible? Say I get a 28 or a 29, and I decide to apply because I want to apply by June 1st. Then, what happens if I retake the MCAT in May?? Will schools not look at my application until I get my 2nd MCAT score? Will they reconsider my application after I get my 2nd MCAT score?? I'm really confused about this...

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

It all depends on where you want to apply. State school or Harvard for example. If you score a 28 and have a good GPA, then yes schools will 'take interest in you' especially early in the game. If you take the MCAT again, there is a spot on the application that you can inform them of this, and once the scores are in, then you can update them so your file will show both scores. <-----all the more reason to do well the first time. :luck: