Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

apps if retake MCAT??

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by splashpea, Apr 26, 2007.

1. splashpea

splashpea 2+ Year Member

Mar 16, 2007
    I know there was a thread about this earlier, but there weren't many replies so I just wanted to bring it up again :). What happens if you get your MCAT score in may and it's not the greatest, but it isn't absolutely terrible? Say I get a 28 or a 29, and I decide to apply because I want to apply by June 1st. Then, what happens if I retake the MCAT in May?? Will schools not look at my application until I get my 2nd MCAT score? Will they reconsider my application after I get my 2nd MCAT score?? I'm really confused about this...

Thanks!!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. DiverDoc

DiverDoc KCUMB 2012 10+ Year Member

It all depends on where you want to apply. State school or Harvard for example. If you score a 28 and have a good GPA, then yes schools will 'take interest in you' especially early in the game. If you take the MCAT again, there is a spot on the application that you can inform them of this, and once the scores are in, then you can update them so your file will show both scores. <-----all the more reason to do well the first time. :luck: