Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

apps

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by sunnys, Aug 7, 2011.

1. sunnys

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    "Were you ever the recipient of any action (e.g. a grade lowering penalty, failing grade, dismissal, disqualification, suspension, probation, etc.) by any faculty member, college or university for academic or professional misconduct or unacceptable academic performance?"

I have a D in one class (3credit) and then retook it and got a B.
    There were two (1 credit) pass/fail classes...that I failed.
    Also I took a summer class (3 credit) that I didn't drop in time and ended up failing....I retook it and got an A.

Overall I have a really good GPA (3.5) and PCAT (98) score...anyways...on pharmcas where the above question...is there where I mark yes and explain what happened?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. xtsukiyox

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Were any of the grades you received because you cheated or were you ever put on an academic probation? (You would know if you were.) If not, check no. It doesn't sound like you should check yes, from your description.

From what I've read, the personal statement is the place for clarifying any application weaknesses. Someone with more experience want to confirm/deny?

4. confettiflyer

confettiflyer Did you just say something?
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    damn i thought we were gonna talk about iphone apps or something

<--- disappointed :(

5. R2pharmD2

Moderator Emeritus

Pharmacy Student
    Agree with all of this. I would add that the personal statement is generally where you want to address major application weaknesses, but a handful of retakes barely warrants a mention, IMO. Everything they need to know about your grades is on your transcript unless there were serious extenuating circumstances that caused you to fail courses. If you want to explain them in your PS, I would only do so very briefly if I were you.

6. Swishers

7+ Year Member

#5 Swishers, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2012