April Interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lake04

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone recently been on an interview? (end of March or early April) If so, which schools and when? Specifically, any NYU interviews? My interview is coming up in a week; should I anticipate wait-list, full-class? Any insight?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hey yeah Im pretty sure NYU is still interviewing for spots. I just called them last week and spoke to Amy Knowles, she said theres still spots left and that theyre gonna be filling up withint the next month or so. But you never know with NYU cause they have high turnover from waitlist and everything as people get accepted to their first choice schools.

So im pretty sure youre gonna be interiviewing for a spot. I had my Boston interview last week. SO i know they still have a few spots left too. Im still hoping for my NYU interview. I just sent my apps in at the end of Feb. So I know its late...but lets see how it goes.

Good luck on the interview. Lemme know how it goes.

I had mine on March 19th. Amy asked me if I wanted to put my app. on hold until I re-submitted new DAT scores (they asked me to retake DAT). I have been studying and plan to retake them soon (within next two weeks...basically as soon as I get authorization). I am not sure how it works in my situation. I am assuming if I get the score they are looking for I will get an acceptance, if I get similar scores or just a small raise in my scores, maybe watilisted? Finally, if I get lower, I am not sure what will happen. I heard a story similar to mine where a guy in the class of 2007 scored pretty low, but received a letter to interview. Anyway, they asked him to retake DAT, he scored lower and still got in. I dont know, I have been studying like crazy and hopefully I score higher, but if I score in the same range I am going to be upset and if I get in, I will not have understood why they put me through what they did. In the end, its a bunch of question marks and I will find out when I take the test and submit the scores. Good luck on the interview. If you get the psychologist, he tries to make you anxious with some hard-nosed questioning...but just be yourself (I cant remember his name). Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
i am going to have one with TEmple this April 16th. GOOD LUCK!!!

my1molar said:
i am going to have one with TEmple this April 16th. GOOD LUCK!!!

I knew Temple interviewed into April. A student from Temple said that interviews were over because they recieved so many applications this year. I guess s/he was mistaken.

Good luck in philly!

I guess i will be in the last batch of students fighting for waitlist position. I'm not sure there will be any dropouts from that already filled up list :(

Hey Dental Dream,
I am also on Waitlist at TUfts, please read my post " My chance to get off wailist" to see if i can get in by any possiblity.
Thank you, I need a lot of luck!!!

dentaldream said:
I knew Temple interviewed into April. A student from Temple said that interviews were over because they recieved so many applications this year. I guess s/he was mistaken.

Good luck in philly!

We were sent a letter welcoming us to Temple and informing us that the class is full and that the waitlist has been growing, so I dont know if this was just a general letter, but your interview in April is probably for the waitlist. You have awesome stats, may I ask why you applied so late?

FAMILY FINANCIAL PROBLEMS. My Dad figured out. I just came to the US less than 4 years, financial problems sometimes arised. It's OK now, i guess I have to get things in a hard way. :D

I interviewed at NYU end of March and was accepted, from what I gather there are still spots left in the class.

Hey Hi speed. Could u just tell me how the day was, what u think of NYU, if youve been accepted anywhere else, where u think ur gonna go etc etc.

Im hoping to get an NYU interview soon. I sent in my apps late...like end Feb.

If u dont mind, ur stats would help too Mine are:

GPA 3.2 (last two years 3.8)
AA = 22
PAT =21
Reading = 19

Im hoping I get a spot. Its here or BU.

hi-speed513 said:
I interviewed at NYU end of March and was accepted, from what I gather there are still spots left in the class.

hi-speed513:

Can you describe the interview day, and how long it took to receive your acceptance? Any advice? My interview is 4/16. Thanks.

Lake04