April+May MCAT Test Takes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Giovanotto

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are you doing this cycle? When are you submitting your application for verification? Before, or after the official scores come out June 16th? According to AACOMAS:

Please provide information about the tests you have taken or plan to take. You may add or update this information at any time prior to submission. Once you have submitted, you will be able to add additional tests as well as update the ones marked "plan to take", but you will not be able to update or delete completed tests.

This is a total bummer.

Edit: Title: Test Takers, not Test Takes!

Members don't see this ad.

Nobody? Seriously? What is the big secret, I'm suspicious now...

I took the MCAT in April. The only thing stopping me from submitting my application is that I want to submit my application when my personal statement and activities section is as nice as it can be. I have been sending it back and fourth between a few professors & the pre med advisor at my school because that is the only thing I can actively work on to make my application better.

Rather than focusing on my MCAT score since we already took the MCAT and theres nothing we can do to change that now score now.

But the latest I want my app submitted is July 1.

Members don't see this ad :)
Once you have submitted, you will be able to add additional tests as well as update the ones marked "plan to take"

This makes it seem like you can update with the scores after submitting. Which is what you're asking right?
I would submit before the scores come out. If everything else from your app is done, why not?

[You can call people at AACOMAS to double check if you want to feel confident about it]

I took the MCAT the end of last May, the score came out the last week of June, I submitted the application 1 day after my score was released. All turned out fine.

This makes it seem like you can update with the scores after submitting. Which is what you're asking right?
I would submit before the scores come out. If everything else from your app is done, why not?

[You can call people at AACOMAS to double check if you want to feel confident about it]
I'd argue that what I posted definitely does not imply what you're assuming, especially what I've bolded.

I took the MCAT the end of last May, the score came out the last week of June, I submitted the application 1 day after my score was released. All turned out fine.

Question: I know I have to submit my MCAT score to AACOMAS through the MCAT THX service. Do I have to wait for AAMCAS to receive that information, or can I make the request on MCAT THX and then submit my application that same day, the 16th of June?

Question: I know I have to submit my MCAT score to AACOMAS through the MCAT THX service. Do I have to wait for AAMCAS to receive that information, or can I make the request on MCAT THX and then submit my application that same day, the 16th of June?

I requested that my MCAT be sent to AACOMAS at the same time that I submitted my application. Within 2 or 3 days it was showing on AACOMAS. Just as a caveat, this was last year, I am not sure if this has changed with the new application this year.

I requested that my MCAT be sent to AACOMAS at the same time that I submitted my application. Within 2 or 3 days it was showing on AACOMAS. Just as a caveat, this was last year, I am not sure if this has changed with the new application this year.

Can anybody confirm being able to do this with the "new" AACOMAS?