Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

April Pacific University Interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Optometry' started by lucky112, May 7, 2007.

1. lucky112

Pre-Optometry
    Soooo I got my rejection letter today and was wondering if any of you are in the same boat as me! I've met a few of you and would love to keep in touch with you guys..I was one of the gals from CA sittin' outside talkin' to a group of you.

There was another girl from the bay area, but I can't remember your name..if you're reading this, shoot me a message! I still have a few more prospects in mind, but at the same time kinda bummed out because I really wanted to go to Pacific and thought my interview went pretty well. :confused:

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. TeenahTunaah

hey there lucky112...i remember you from the pacific interview day!! i'm the girl from davis...i'm sorry you didn't get in...i just found out yesterday that i was put on the alternative list...:mad: what are your plans for next year?

as for me, i'm not sure i can wait anymore so i will probably move to new york and attend SUNY

4. gmanbc

Optometry Student
    hey i think I remember you guys....(the whole day was somewhat of a blur for me), I am the guy from Vancouver BC. I havent received my letter yet.

sorry about the rejection, hopefully another avenue is still open for you.

5. tikiriki

tikiriki New Member

Optometry Student
    Hi guys,

I got on alternate list too (which is annoying as I hate waiting.) Guess we'll just have to pick other schools to attend. It was awesome meeting you guys though, too bad we won't be seeing each other next August :( Good luck everyone!

Oh, and I'm the girl from Seattle in case you're wondering.

6. gkchhina

gkchhina pco - Class of 2011

Pre-Optometry
    Hey...Where abouts in seattle? I'm from Seattle as well. I'm attending PC0 in the fall.

7. Subiedubie

Subiedubie Junior Member

Pre-Optometry
    ^^hey guys
    I'm from Seattle as well. I attended UW and graduated in '06. I didn't think there were so many prospective optometry students in Seattle. I'm attending Nova come August.

8. tikiriki

tikiriki New Member

Optometry Student
    Yay! Some Seattlites and a fellow Husky to boot! I lived all over Seattle, but for the past 2 years I've been living in Bothell. Still consider myself living in Seattle as I'm there all the time; don't even bother to check out what Bothell has to offer :D

I'm '05 graduate and I'll be attending SCCO this fall. Yeah, not a lot of people here know about optometry school, guess all they think about is med school because UW is just right there (?). I was very impressed with Nova with its awesome new facilities as well (Fran is great isn't she?), but overall SCCO won because of distance and clinical sites. Feeling sad about that $1000 deposit to Nova though :( Have you looked at housings around Nova yet? The on-campus housings look neat. Have fun in Ft. Lauderdale!

9. gmanbc

Optometry Student
    I got my letter today. Im on the alternate list aswell. Totally bummed.

10. loveseyesinOR

Optometry Student
    Hey guys! I was the local Oregon girl sitting outside with you all! I too got put on the waitlist. I actually went in a few days ago to talk to Janelle about the strengths and weaknesses of my application. Don't feel too bad about where you are because Janelle told me only 2 people from our interview day were accepted into the program.

Keep in touch though! Are all of you reapplying? Where to this year?

11. mtrlOATgal

Optometry Student
    so are applicants selected from among those who interviewed with you on the same day?

12. gmanbc

Optometry Student
    I just got my acceptance this past friday!!!! anyone else get any updates???

13. eyelectric

eyelectric Pacific Class of 2011

Optometry Student
    Congratulations! See you in the fall.

Good luck to everyone else who is waiting to hear back!

14. iheartojos

Pre-Optometry
    YAY!!!! congrats:)

15. prettygreeneyes

Moderator Emeritus

Optometry Student
    I love your screen name! Too cute!

16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. freedomreigns

Pre-Optometry
    aww CONGRATULATIONS!!!:hardy:

wow its so funny and cool how u guys have seen each other and are all getting accepted and moving on to making this wonderful career that was once your 'dream' and 'pursuit' <in terms of acceptance into schools> & now u guys are gona be optometrists!! how exciting!! Congrats n God Bless! :D

18. meameame12

Optometrist
    dont do it!! the money is awful once you get out.

85-91k income, all corporate. get ready for walmart! what you make you keep - rent at 10 - 20 percent if 2 or 1 door state, respectively. plus all the good places are taken.

19. hfpepperbean47

hfpepperbean47 You wish you were me

Optometry Student
    thanks for all your doom and gloom posts

20. sniklegem

sniklegem My pupils: o O

Optometrist

AMEN! Doom and gloom drives me crazy. These people have nothing else better to do?

21. hfpepperbean47

hfpepperbean47 You wish you were me

Optometry Student
    Apparently not evidenced by the massive number of them:laugh: