APS Convention

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tlynguyen

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! A fellow student and I submitted an abstract and it go accepted! I'm an undergrad and this is my first convention ever. I'm not sure what to expect or how I should prepare. Any advice anyone could give me would be great! Also, I've never been to San Francisco so I was thinking about bringing a friend along so we could also explore the city. Is it a bad idea to bring the friend along to the convention? Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

With regards to bringing a friend- I brought my dad to the APA conference this summer as my Guest, and he had a lovely time. I don't think it's a bad idea at all, though you should be aware that you won't have that much "free time" in the city.

Make sure you have "comfy clothes" for the hotel and hanging out, and reasonably nice clothing (doesn't have to be a suit) for convention attendance. Always give yourself a little wiggle room in terms of time (sprinting across the convention hall sucks- trust me, I've done it). Go to a bunch of stuff, it's fun. If you're presenting, go to your presentation area to make sure you know where it is. Bring notecards.

And above all? HAVE FUN.