APSA meeting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

microTAS

ulna you didn't
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all

I'm curious what people's thoughts are on the APSA meeting. The agenda seems interesting... Any killer reasons for anyone to go? Anyone know about the workshop that they'll have?

http://www.physicianscientists.org/Meetings/ Chicago2006/APSA.Annual.Meeting.2006.Tentative.Ag enda.pdf

Members don't see this ad.

sounds awesome! those are some big names, and the mentoring part would be very useful.

I'd try to go if I get accepted into a program :luck:

If anyone is going, let us know!

I went last year and it was great. :thumbup: I'm not sure yet whether I'll be going again this year, because I am planning to graduate from grad school in May, and I have to finish writing and defend in April. :p But if you can go, I recommend it. I think there were like half a dozen Nobel prize-winning speakers last year, and it also helped give me some new ideas about what possible careers there are for MD/PhDs besides the traditional academic medicine route. Plus, it's really exciting and cool to be in a room with 100+ MD/PhD students and meet so many physician scientists.