Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, just curious - is anyone else interested in going into aquatic/marine animal medicine, more specifically with fish? I know a few folks on here are interested in marine mammal medicine, which I guess could fit in this category too 😀
In fact for my PS, I'm tentatively writing about how nursing several very special sick goldfish back to health inspired me to not just go into marine biology, but vet med. I am interested in promoting fish welfare through humane treatments in commercial operations, doing public outreach on proper fish care (ie not a plopping a goldfish into a 5 gallon bowl just because your kid wants one), and providing ornamental fish medical care, including humane euthanasia for chronically ill fish, out of a private practice.
Does this interest anyone else? (If it does, you should check out this world renowned fish vet's blog: http://www.thefishvet.com.au/) What sort of things are you doing in your pre-vet years to prepare for work with fish/marine mammals? I think I saw a couple posts here and there about fishies 🙂
In fact for my PS, I'm tentatively writing about how nursing several very special sick goldfish back to health inspired me to not just go into marine biology, but vet med. I am interested in promoting fish welfare through humane treatments in commercial operations, doing public outreach on proper fish care (ie not a plopping a goldfish into a 5 gallon bowl just because your kid wants one), and providing ornamental fish medical care, including humane euthanasia for chronically ill fish, out of a private practice.
Does this interest anyone else? (If it does, you should check out this world renowned fish vet's blog: http://www.thefishvet.com.au/) What sort of things are you doing in your pre-vet years to prepare for work with fish/marine mammals? I think I saw a couple posts here and there about fishies 🙂