Arcadia Graduate Open House

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rangardrum

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone planning on going to this event? I noticed you have to register for it. I will be unable to go because I have my anatomy final exam that day (and there wouldn't nearly be enough time to drive to Philly afterwards). I hope that not attending doesn't somehow hurt your chances of getting accepted though. Does anyone know if most schools give any additional preference towards people who can attend these kinds of events?
 
I know this is a completely different school but when I talked with Nova Southeastern about this same issue they told me that it was not that big of a deal. Now, Nova only does phone interviews but they host an open house every month for accepted students to tour before they would have to make their decision. The open house that I received an email about was only a generalized open house and would not be as beneficial as waiting until I know if I am accepted or not. I hope this helps. I know it is not directly relevant but maybe they are all on the same page!!!

With your stats I do not think you will have anything to worry about!!!

P.s. I am also applying to WVU. Have you heard anything from them yet?
 
Hey, thanks for the reply! What you're saying makes sense, and I'd probably be more interested in attending an open house if I got an acceptance. Maybe I should mention that to them... Just kidding! 😛

This is just a general open house though it seems because there are reps from several programs who will be there.

I haven't heard anything at all yet from WVU.