Arcadia University dpt?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PTea

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey..just curious..does anyone know anything about Arcadia's DPT program and/or someone who's already in the program that can offer up goods and bads about it? It would help alot!:)

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know much, but one of my students just accepted there. From what I read about it, it's an excellent program and strong in Neuro. It's also a 2.5 year program vs. 3, which is huge!

Oh wow...I was also just accepted as well! Congrats to your student! I also heard the same about it being strong in neuro which is great. I guess im just wondering if there is anything to watch out for ..their location is a litte outside of phili and Im just curious about any helpful facts about it..thanks for the info!.. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh wow...I was also just accepted as well! Congrats to your student! I also heard the same about it being strong in neuro which is great. I guess im just wondering if there is anything to watch out for ..their location is a litte outside of phili and Im just curious about any helpful facts about it..thanks for the info!.. :p

Do you mind posting your stats?

Hello - My name is Lindsay and I'm a first year student in Arcadia's DPT program - I love the program, and wanted to make myself available to answer any questions you might have about the program - please feel free to contact me at [email protected] with any questions.

I graduated from Arcadia ten years ago, back when it was called Beaver College.
The program is strong in Neuro, but the instructor for Orthopaedics is very well published, particularly in the area of the shoulder, and I have heard good things about him from more recent graduates (He was not an instructor there when I attended).

The school is in Glenside (near Jenkintown) and is about a 25 to 30 minutes drive into Center City Philly (without traffic). We had no problems getting into the city on the weekend for entertainment purposes, but there are also a lot of local pubs that we frequented - say hello to the regulars at the Cork Tavern for me :).

The program director is now also the Editor-in-Chief of Physical Therapy, which I consider to be the preiminent rehabilitation journal.

The remainder of the faculty are also quite well published in their various areas of expertise, particularly in the areas of Geriatrics, psycho-social issues of PT, muscle phsyiology, and biomechanics.

Hope that helps.

Yeah that definently helps to have input about people who have gone through the program and who graduated from it as well. Thanks for info! Its just so overwhleming to make a decisions on schools..you go from thinking you'll never get in..to getting in and then not knowing what to do! I have heard arcadia is strong in neuro and upon meeting the falculty it seemed pretty fun. The location is a little bit of a downer but im trying to see much that really factors in.
In terms of the last post. i am a little worried about how small the school is and that i'd be somewhat isolated in terms of meeting anyone else outside the group of pts from my class. Did you feel like that ever got somewhat bothersome?

To the post from the 1st from arcadia ..I will definently be emailing to find more about what your experience is like. Thanks so much for reaching out!

Not sure if they still do this, but when I went there we had several weekend seminars that were held in conjunction with Thomas Jefferson and, I think, Temple. So, we did get to meet some other PT students.

I wouldn't worry about meeting anyone from outside the class - there's usually not a lot of time for it.