Arcadia University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jayb95

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I received an acceptance from Arcadia in the mail today! I applied to the program primarily because I was interested in the unique learning style (3 week case based units vs. traditional semester long classes) and it seems like the professors are very well respected. It's going to be more expensive than a state school even with the scholarship money they offered me, but I'm strongly considering it. I haven't had the chance to visit, and I probably won't be able to before the January 15th commitment deadline. I was just wondering whether anyone had any insight into the program or what it's like to live in Glenside.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I too got an acceptance and I’ve actually toured the campus a couple months ago. The campus is pretty standard; good size lecture hall/classroom and skills lab. Students told me most of their time is either in the lecture hall or the skills lab. Research labs were nice looking, relatively standard (nothing that totally blew my mind). Students seemed happy with the curriculum set up, though you have an exam every 3 weeks. My only negative with the program is you don’t take anatomy until the summer after your first full year of study and it’s actually not on the Arcadia University campus...it’s in downtown Philadelphia at Drexel University’s anatomy lab.

As for Glenside, it’s a cute suburban town with a little “main street” with a few restaurants and shops, then the surrounding area is basically houses/apartments.

Hope this helps! Congrats!

Hello! I too got an acceptance and I’ve actually toured the campus a couple months ago. The campus is pretty standard; good size lecture hall/classroom and skills lab. Students told me most of their time is either in the lecture hall or the skills lab. Research labs were nice looking, relatively standard (nothing that totally blew my mind). Students seemed happy with the curriculum set up, though you have an exam every 3 weeks. My only negative with the program is you don’t take anatomy until the summer after your first full year of study and it’s actually not on the Arcadia University campus...it’s in downtown Philadelphia at Drexel University’s anatomy lab.

As for Glenside, it’s a cute suburban town with a little “main street” with a few restaurants and shops, then the surrounding area is basically houses/apartments.

Hope this helps! Congrats!

Thank you, this definitely helps. Congrats to you as well!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
@jayb95 @DPTbound101
Congrats!!! When did you guys apply? I applied mid Sept and I haven't heard anything. I have two acceptances to other schools already but I want to see if I get accepted and if they would give me any $$$ before I make my final decision! Also if you don't mind sharing, how much scholarship money did they give you?

@jayb95 @DPTbound101
Congrats!!! When did you guys apply? I applied mid Sept and I haven't heard anything. I have two acceptances to other schools already but I want to see if I get accepted and if they would give me any $$$ before I make my final decision! Also if you don't mind sharing, how much scholarship money did they give you?

I submitted my app for Arcadia around mid October. And I got $33,000 in scholarship money, pleasant surprise considering I had no idea they even gave out sholarships. We have to give them an admissions decision by mid January, so if you haven’t been accepted yet there is still a chance you’ll hear from them as people decline the offer.

I submitted my app for Arcadia around mid October. And I got $33,000 in scholarship money, pleasant surprise considering I had no idea they even gave out sholarships. We have to give them an admissions decision by mid January, so if you haven’t been accepted yet there is still a chance you’ll hear from them as people decline the offer.

Wow that’s awesome! Thanks for the insight.... Well hopefully I hear something soon, and if it’s bad news, I have other options so oh well! Congrats again!

Hi. I applied to Arcadia and still have not heard anything. Should I give them a call and ask when I should expect to hear back or should I just wait? What do you think?

Hi. I applied to Arcadia and still have not heard anything. Should I give them a call and ask when I should expect to hear back or should I just wait? What do you think?
I’d maybe wait a week then give them a call if you haven’t heard anything. I believe the deadline to respond to their acceptance was today, so they’ll start sending out a second round of acceptances pretty soon. I was notified of my acceptance via snail mail, so look out for a packet from them in the mail.

I’d maybe wait a week then give them a call if you haven’t heard anything. I believe the deadline to respond to their acceptance was today, so they’ll start sending out a second round of acceptances pretty soon. I was notified of my acceptance via snail mail, so look out for a packet from them in the mail.

Thank you so much for your reply!

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone else heard anything regarding their status at Arcadia?

I got my acceptance couple days ago, and they said I need to put down deposit by this coming Wednesday.
I also put my deposit down at Temple last year, but I'm leaning towards Arcadia because of their suburb location and scholarship.

Ah gotcha! Congrats on both acceptances!